Poll: Are you getting skyrim?

jackpackage200

Jul 4, 2011
I personally am not reserving skyrim. I bought oblivion because of all the hype almost five years and i regret it to this day. i found the combat and all around gameplay dull and unenjoyable which for me is the key part of a game. It had left with bad feelings about rpgs until the release of Fallout 3 restored my faith in rpgs. I personally hope skyrim ends up the most amazing game ever made and is wildly successful. I just do not feel like making a decision just yet on purchasing it.

...Wow i went on a rant...so...Are you getting skyrim?

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Indeed I am. I pre ordered the first opportunity I had.

Loved Daggerfall, loved Morrowind, loved Oblivion and I do believe Skyrim will be just as good.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Hmmm, probably not. I'm poor and totally out of the Oblivion universe. I don't know if Skyrim would be a good first game to buy into.

Baradiel

Mar 4, 2009
Not in the slightest. Maybe when its gone down in price, but I have no excitement for Skyrim. I tried Oblivion and thought it was one of the most overhyped pieces of rubbish I'd ever played, but hey/ To each there own.

w9496

Jun 28, 2011
Never. I got burned pretty bad on buying Oblivion, as in, I thought it was a peice of shit.

I won't make that mistake twice, although I may rent it.

Apr 28, 2008
Eventually.

I've learned with Oblivion to not buy Bethesda games at launch. Served me well with Fallout 3 and I expect the same with Skyrim.

Give the community time to fix the bugs and/or broken mechanics. And to see if the game is, well, stable and not crash-happy.

liquidsolid

Feb 18, 2011
I will get all kinds of Skyrim, I enjoyed Oblivion a whole lot and don't regret anything other than not getting the GOTY edition (still haven't played Shivering Isles). I haven't pre-ordered it but I have not pre-ordered a game for years.

Jaime_Wolf

Jul 17, 2009
Absolutely and immediately.

Oblivion was Morrowind with better combat, a more stereotypical fantasy setting, and a much less engaging story. The thing is, the combat wasn't much better and the thing that saved Morrowind was how incredibly well the setting and story made up for the combat.

Given how much they've talked about bringing back the originality and focus on story in addition to the improved combat (the videos alone show how much the combat has improved), I have very few doubts about Skyrim.

I'm surprised by the number of people here who liked Fallout 3 and disliked Oblivion though. My opinion of the two was more or less identical for all of the same reasons.

Nuuu

Jan 28, 2011
I've never even seen or heard of an Elderscrolls game until Skyrim, with all the hype it's gotten and all the extra money, i decided to buy it, i guess i'll see how it turns out.

No_Remainders

Sep 11, 2009
jackpackage200 said:
I personally am not reserving skyrim. I bought oblivion because of all the hype almost five years and i regret it to this day. i found the combat and all around gameplay dull and unenjoyable which for me is the key part of a game. It had left with bad feelings about rpgs until the release of Fallout 3 restored my faith in rpgs. I personally hope skyrim ends up the most amazing game ever made and is wildly successful. I just do not feel like making a decision just yet on purchasing it.

...Wow i went on a rant...so...Are you getting skyrim?
... Oh look, three different threads asking THE SAME QUESTION.

Use. The. Fucking. Search. Bar.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.303449-Poll-What-console-are-you-playing-Skyrim-on

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/for...-you-buy-The-Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-at-launch

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.272341-Poll-What-will-you-play-Skyrim-on

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
Yup. I even got the collectors edition even though I REALLY can't afford it. BAD ME.

Like you I was disappointed with Oblivion. I loved Morrowind and I felt Oblivion didn't have the same feel or atmosphere. I still haven't finished it. Made me feel Bethesda had lost their touch.

Fallout 3 has redeemed them a lot in my eyes - I thought it a fun game if not really GOTY quality - and everything I've seen or heard about Skyrim since gets me more and more excited.

Now I can only hope my computer can run it!

New Frontiersman

Feb 2, 2010
Eventually yes, but not on release day, I think I'd prefer to wait until the price drops and all the bugs are patched out.

Also I'd like to wait a while for all the good mods and DLC to be released.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Sorry, but no.

At least not at launch. Oblivion is one of only a few games I've never finished. Nor do I plan on finishing it any time soon, by the way.

DEAD34345

Aug 18, 2010
Redlin5 said:
Hmmm, probably not. I'm poor and totally out of the Oblivion universe. I don't know if Skyrim would be a good first game to buy into.
The games aren't designed to follow on from one another in a specific order, the only thing linking them is the world they're set in. They often have little references to events from the previous games, but that's about it, so Skyrim would be as good a first entry as any to get into The Elder Scrolls games.

OT: Yes, definitely. As of about a week ago I've played every Elder Scrolls game released (excluding the mobile phone one), and I greatly enjoyed them all. I've got no reason to think Skyrim will be an exception, so purchasing it is a sure thing for me.