Poll: Are you mad about the delay of Watch Dogs?

Bosque

Mar 5, 2011
Personally, I'd rather wait and play the working version of a game, even if it takes another year. But I understand a lot of you expected to receive this game at console launch.
So, how mad are you?

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Nah, if it needs time to be good then so be it.

That being said, I've been looking forward to it a little less with every trailer/preview being released.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
I'm not sure how much I count since I don't have a big stake in Watch Dogs (I'm aware of it but I have done minimum work to have a smidge of excitement).

However...I did have way too much excitement for The Last of Us (once referring to jokingly...well....half jokingly....well, let's just leave that line of thinking alone....that I would be willing to punch a baby if it would get me a copy of the game sooner).

If that game taught me anything, it's this:

Pushing a game back can really really really hurt a games sales and whatnot. If they feel strongly enough that it needs more work to skip the ever so important Holiday season, they have a very good reason to do so and you must trust in that.

Strelok

Dec 22, 2012
Indifferent, didn't look all the interesting to me anyway, would have been a Steam sale purchase, if I bought it at all. From the looks of it I probably won't be anyway.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Nah.

Not that excited for it to be honest.

An open world game where you kill shit with a growly, "baaadaaass", vigilante douchebag of a protagonist. Yeah, it could turn out okay, but for now, colour me indifferent.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I have way too much of a backlog to get mad about any delay in videogame releases, ever. And I'll go with a "No, wasn't buying it anyhow" as well.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Not at all. I was only mildly interested in it to begin with, and I do feel that more time and polish (within reason) can almost never do something wrong.

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
I've got bigger issues to take care of, and I need a new gaming PC first so that I can play it how it should be played. Those aren't solving themselves in a month's time, so I'm not too upset.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
I wasn't going to buy this game, but the delay has made me worried about Ubisoft and the Video Game Industry as a whole. The fact that they couldn't release this game on time and properly coded not only shows glaring problems in Ubisoft's gaming divisions, but it also says to me that this Generation may have come to soon and may lead to the Industry collapsing.

I don't know why I'm so pessimistic about the Industry, I just am.

Windcaler

Nov 7, 2010
Im not mad but I am pretty disappointed. Watch dogs looks to be one of the games Im really going to like and delays make me question the how the final quality of the game is going to turn out. It could be amazing in every way but the more delays I see the more suspicious I become

So once again Im not voting because there isnt a choice thats right for me

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
While I myself never was going to get the game I feel it's the same as the Rayman Legends delay. Only difference is that they probably delayed it because they can't figure out how to milk it as a franchise before it's dried like a prune.

However I'm pretty sure there are a bunch of people who were either looking forward to it on the holidays, or they pre ordered a new console just so they can get their hands on Watch Dogs as a launch title line up.

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
The chances of me buying it are very low, so I'm hardly affected by it at all. So far, though, there just hasn't been enough to make me care about it to begin with, at least not enough to buy it for more than $5.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I don't intend to buy it so the delay doesn't affect me. In fact, I don't know a single person who's mad about the delay; the two people I know who are creaming themselves in anticipation and froth at the mouth at the mere mention of the game both understand and accept the delay.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
on one hand im pissed its not coming out this year, on the other I would rather the game be done right then fast.

that said if it doesn't come out in January I will be pretty pissed as theres no reason why it shouldn't be out by then cause if the game is that far from being complete they should have known by September at the latest and delayed it then.

GodzillaGuy92

Jul 10, 2012
I feel the poll would have been well served by an "I'm not upset by the delay itself (and like that they're making the game the best they can) so much as the fact that the delay was done at the last second and messed up my plans"-type option.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Can't say I'm overly upset, I have a few games I can be playing so it frees up my time to do that. It gives me even less of a reason to buy a PS4 at launch and it gives me something to buy in the New Year. In fact, I'm rather pleased.

I would rather the game be good and ready rather than a pile of shite that was rushed out to hit the Christmas rush.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
If anything, I'm glad.

I want the PS4 version. Which means I'll have to get a PS4.

And I don't have such vast amounts of money at the moment.