Poll: Are you sick from LOVE?

Ziggy the wolf

May 26, 2009
i am one who is fast to fall in love. i know what it is like to love someone or something and i dont think it is an overused feeling. i think that people really are annoyed at is the corporate meaning of the term. the stuff you see attached to that 'holiday' valentines day or that you hear on radio or in ads. it is completely possible that you are sick of the corporate meaning unless you have just been recently dumped for the third time and then thats more on you buddu

Sneeze

Dec 4, 2010
Meh, alot of the music I listen to could be classed as "love" songs, or break-up ones <.<

Never watch romantic films though, find them boring and silly.

So no, I'm not sick of it, I just avoid the areas of it that I dislike.

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
Wiiiiiiilliam said:
But...

love is our resistance.
That's good to hear, I've heard that they keep us apart and they won't stop stop breaking us down.

OT: Love is a cliché but it works. It's something a lot of people can relate to and everyone is programmed to find at least semi-appealing. It's a universal topic, so it'll be universally accepted. If I get sick of it now I'll be sick of it forever.

the rye

Jun 26, 2010
Most love in movies, literature and music is conveyed in a shallow and contrived manner and rarely does it ever seem to appear genuine, this is especially apparent in film/tv when a love intrest is inserted arbitrary.

I think the english langurage could use a few more words to describe diffrent types of love, especially friendship.

Popadoo

May 17, 2010
I don't even believe there's such a thing. Really, it's just when your brain decides you can't go around partying every night, so let's you 'love' someone. Or something. My point is it's a load of crap.

MindBullets

Apr 5, 2008
This is half the reason why I hate pop music. Nothing but songs about love. ALL OF IT!

Metal has a lot more variety. It gives you a song about drinking yourself to death, then a song based on Johnny Got His Gun, then a song about how religion is bullshit, then a song about Josef Mengele, then AN ENTIRE FUCKING CONCEPT ALBUM ABOUT MOBY DICK!! *

Not to say I'm sick of love in general. I hope to find it for myself at some point. But I'm sick of it being everywhere in popular music, films, etc.

Goatfish - Burn the Priest
One - Metallica
(Don't Need) Religion - Motorhead
Angel of Death - Slayer
Leviathan - Mastodon

Verp

Jul 1, 2009
I'm not exactly sick of it, I'm just... Feeling like an outsider, I guess.

With everything being susceptible to an injection of LOVEY-DOVEY LOVE <3, the media leaves me with rather few things to identify with without having to tune out the million proclamations of true love and lust. I can't identify with any of the love struggles that go on in most media and very few depictions of my side of the story exist. I'd be delighted if there were more people in media struggling to understand a world so full of buzz about love without going about it the same way as Bambi.

No, seriously, I kept wondering why I always hated Bambi as a kid so much until I watched it again as an adult and saw the "twitterpated" part. Something inside me dies a bit every time I see Bambi and friends, in my opinion rightfully scornful and skeptical towards the concept of being "twitterpated", picked off one by one by something that, to me, mostly seems like some sort of bizarre and dangerous brainwashing technique that sucks the soul out of you.

eastinfecter

Apr 12, 2010
RAKtheUndead said:
Romantic love is a disgusting abomination, a scourge upon the world which perpetuates because it's a natural state of mind. It cripples the brain, destroys the body and incites stupidity.

So, you tell me whether you think I'm sick of love.
Any bad side effects?

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
I love love!

I do hate how overused the term is but i'll never get bored of the concept no matter how many times it gets me hurt.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Yeah, it got old years ago. As a source of inspiration, it's been milked more than Mario, Sonic and (Halo ... sorry) Zelda combined.

The main abuser of "love" is pop music all the big songs are about it. Go to metal and love songs are a rarity.

What I annoys more is "hate is a strong word" but the polar opposite, love is thrown around willy nilly.

A Raging Emo

Apr 14, 2009
DeadSp8s said:
yes, i'm sick of the concept. i just wanna get my meat wet and have a fun life. i don't need a wife or kids. stop telling me i need that shit, maroon 5.
She wiiiiiiiiil be loved! Yeah, she wiiiiiiiiiil be loved!

Lyx

Sep 19, 2010
I am sick of *shallow* love. If the only lyrics you can write about are blahlbah "im so low, you so high, i sacrifice myself for you, you're the only one, blahblahblahblahblah", then your song may turn out better, if you just replace the lyrics with "lalalalalala".

Spade Lead

Nov 9, 2009
Jaranja said:
Right now, Love is ruining my life.
How do you come to terms with the fact that the woman you love is a slut who opens her legs for any guy who wants her, and that you will never have the life together you both swore nothing could ever stop?

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Am I sick from love? Sure. The unrequited kind is driving me fucking nuts. I've mentioned this girl before---I'm romantically interested in her, she's not romantically interested in me, but you know what? Her friendship makes me genuinely happy so if that's all I'm getting, that's gonna have to be enough. Still wish we could go beyond our frequent phone calls and into something more on the order of nightly cuddling.

RAKtheUndead said:
eastinfecter said:
RAKtheUndead said:
Romantic love is a disgusting abomination, a scourge upon the world which perpetuates because it's a natural state of mind. It cripples the brain, destroys the body and incites stupidity.

So, you tell me whether you think I'm sick of love.
Any bad side effects?
Pain. Lots and lots of pain. Particularly in the stomach/intestinal region.
You sure that's not just the radiation? Matter of time before you go feral. In the meantime, us smoothskins will try to be nice to you.