Poll: Are your parents gamers?

Darkauthor81

Feb 10, 2007
Ok, let's leave the whole "Casual games aren't real games. Only games I play make people real gamers." game hipster attitude out of this and assume all games are equally worthy interactive media.

So, are your parents gamers?

My parent's first game was Snood. No idea how they stumbled into this but it was an instant addiction for them both. My mother was particularly competitive. There was tension in the air when my dad managed to beat one of her scores. Those were very silent dinners.

Then they found the Pogo website. Now they spend twice as much time as I do playing games! Now they try desperately to get me into their video games much like I tried to do to them when I was a teenager.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
My dad used to play psone games. Then..he just stopped. But he used to.

Jamboxdotcom

Nov 3, 2010
my mom has been a gamer forever. granted, i think i'd drop dead if i ever caught her playing an FPS, but anything else wouldn't surprise me. my step-dad used to play a lot of games (in fact, watching him play the old Monkey Island, Sid Meier's Pirates, and other stuff is largely what got me hooked on video games).
my mom was actually playing Pac-Man while she was in labor with my little brother, and we've always credited that with how big a gamer he is now.

Dumbfish1

Oct 17, 2008
Not really, my dad used to play the original Call of Duty and Castle Wolfenstein with his work friends, but it's been hilarious the few times I've passed my mum a controller.

Patzilla

Feb 19, 2011
My mum occasionally plays Bejewelled........

That's it... My dad doesn't play games.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
My mother could slaughter you all at Solitaire.
Unless she fails to work out how to turn on your computer. :p

Melian

Feb 11, 2011
My parents don't play at all, but my mother-in-law and her boyfriend are hardcore gamers. It's good to be me! ^^

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Well My dad hates games, but my mum bought a wii today.
SHE UNPLUGGED MY XBOX TO PLUG IT IN ;_;

Im timing how long it is till it gets forggoten.

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
My Mum plays casual games, like Freecell, Solitaire and occasionally Peggle. My Dad will play serious games if they look good. In fact, he got me into gaming with Monkey Island and Mafia.

Darkauthor81

Feb 10, 2007
imnotparanoid said:
Well My dad hates games, but my mum bought a wii today.
SHE UNPLUGGED MY XBOX TO PLUG IT IN ;_;

Im timing how long it is till it gets forggoten.
You'd be surprised. The Wii has a way of getting non-gamers addicted. My grandmother's retirement home has a Wii and there's usually someone playing it whenever we go over to visit.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
They used to play the NES way back in the day, but now they aren't really into them. My Dad likes a few of the casual DS and PC games though.

imperialus

Apr 20, 2009
My dad played the hell out of Civilization I and II. Both my mom and my dad played a lot of the Heroes of Might and Magic series too.

James_K

Feb 28, 2011
My Dad used to play some arcade racing games and one of the N64 podracing games, but that was years ago....

Johnny Impact

Aug 6, 2008
When I was a kid they hated anything and everything to do with gaming. When I saved my allowance for nine months and bought a Genesis they said, "We hope you're happy" in a tone that suggested I shouldn't have been.

Years later they've realized not every gamer is a complete waste of a life. My mother plays Bejeweled. My dad is a Civilization freak, he owns one of the top five all time scores on Civ 2.

Nicos Amblecrown

Feb 23, 2010
My Dad was the one that got me playing games back in elementary school. I got him hooked on WoW a few years back, which was cool until it broke up my parent's marriage.

(Okay sure, there were other problems, but my Dad coming home and instantly logging on didn't help)

PatrickXD

Aug 13, 2009
My mum and dad will occasionally play wii games, and my mum loves all the puzzle games like Dark Fall and the like on PC.
My dad will play through every CoD or MoH and GoW, once only and never touch them again.