Poll: Are your parents gamers?

Et3rnalLegend64

Jan 9, 2009
They play Pac-Man sometimes. They're woefully inept at it, but they enjoy themselves. It's mostly my mom who play instead of my dad, but he joined in a couple times too. He's even worse than she is.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
I'm just going to do with "Tried em, didn't like" due to the lack of a non-extreme "no" option. They don't hate them, they just to play them. Closest thing my mom plays is solitaire, and I got my dad to play a few sport games with me once, but that was it.

Akihiko

Raincoat Killer
Aug 21, 2008
My mother can't operate the TV(She doesn't use PCs ever, either), never mind giving her a games console and my dad although more tech savvy, would just rather watch TV.

googleback

Apr 15, 2009
I used to play V-rally with my dad as a kid and I remember once mum tried spiderman 2 but failed... as far as i know they haven't really done any since. I think my dad plays peggle though

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
My dad used to play loads of games, mainly RTS' and RPGs. Deus Ex, Diablo 2 and Duke Nukem are favourites of his. These days he really just plays World of Warcraft and Eve, if you can call the latter a game.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
My mom doesn't like the video games concept and since she is quite "old school" with fun being going outside then I would say no.

My dad however,even if he hasn't been in most of my life,when I went to visit the only game he played was on a black and white Game Boy pocket(he liked Super Mario and Donkey Kong).

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
Short answer: No

Long Answer: I got yelled at WAY too many times for "Playing silly computer games at THIS age. That's for Kids. Not 20 Year olds!"

I once tried to reason "What about the fine people who MAKE these games. They're artists and they're not kids. What about them!" My mom's answer "........Well, then Why don't you make games like an adult." I facepalm'd and shut up.

Kiefer13

Wizzard
Jul 31, 2008
Not really. My mum plays Facebook games and occasionally the Wii, though not that often. My dad used to play Tomb Raider, Resident Evil and similar games on the Playstation when I was younger, and I used to sit and watch. He doesn't really any more, though.

Sgt Doom

Jan 30, 2009
My dad's a strategy gamer (Hearts of Iron kind of thing). Mum hasn't touched video games.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
My mom plays puzzle games all the time. It just use to be things like sudoku and solitaire but she got Professor Layton and fell in love with it and cleared all his games 100%. I just showed her Ace Attorney and am seeing if she likes that. My dad on the other hand is the one that introduced me to gaming. I find it funny he plays more "hardcore" titles than me since I like JRPGs/platformers and he likes FPSes/WRPGs. Though walking downstairs and have him yelling "I just had hot lesbian sex with an alien" was odd... yeah, too much Mass Effect...

Mar 9, 2010
My Dad loves playing my brother's PSP, often I'll catch him picking up Brother's in Arms and setting himself away. But before that he played loads of games on the PS1 and PS2, he was the one who introduced me to Crash Bandicoot, Metal Gear Solid and GTA, among others. Before that still we had a Sega which me and my sister would watch him playing endlessly, we hated when Sonic died.

My Dad is one of the reasons I got into gaming.

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
My family work in computers, and so play them. My old man got the PS3 on release, and has a nice Sony set up going on. Shame I'm in my mid twenties, and don't live at home really

Mr Binary

Jan 24, 2011
My Mum hates every video game except Wii fit, if that really counts as a game. My Dad used to be a really big PC gamer, I don't know if he still plays games though.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Dad once played Cricket Captain 2002 for a month or so, Mum plays Facebook games and nothing else.

Uninterestiiiiiiing :3

Legendairy314

Aug 26, 2010
Mom is absolutely addicted to Facebook and puzzle games. Dad is in the top 2% on Quake 2. I'm trying to convince him to give Red Dead Redemption a try but i doubt it's going to happen.