Poll: Asking for a kiss on your birthday.

6_Qubed

Mar 19, 2009
You would be amazed the things you can get from a girl if you just ask for them.

In high school, I got a girl to hug me just by saying "I need a hug" and staring purposefully at her. I actually stunned a guy who was seated nearby. He was all like "dude, how did you do that?"

I got hired at Victoria's Secret. I was really just applying as a joke, but well, have you ever had one joke that you took just a little too seriously?

And I met my second girlfriend when she mentioned she didn't have a ride home from somewhere, I say that I thought she already had a boyfriend, she says no, and I reply "Oh. Want one?"

It is worth noting, at this point, that I am shy to the point of physical agony around most women I find attractive. I am, however, learning that CHA may not have been my dump stat this whole time.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Mr.K. said:
Kaleion said:
I'd say yes if all goes well you shall be rewarded with a kiss if not you can act like it was just a joke, besides you don't wanna end up like me, alone in a dark place with only a crappy computer in front of me.
You could try turning on the lights :p
I would but then my position wouldn't be as bad and the analogy might fall flat.

Jun_Jun

Sep 21, 2009
Bad idea man don't do it, I dated a good friend of mine back in highschool we got along like a house on fire, he dumped me after a week because it was too weird/awkward dating a friend. We pretty much didn't talk after that, destroyed our awesome friendship. :(
You might want to establish with her how you feel first (if you haven't), otherwise I would not do it.
Do not do it! you will regret it!
There I think I might have my message across :)

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
Kissing her? Brilliant idea. But if you're gonna ask, it really depends how you do it.

"Can I have a kiss?" always seems pretty desperate to me, so I wouldn't go with that.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Nothing ventured nothing gained. Just don't play it off afterwards, be honest. If she really doesn't want to pursue the relationship, she probably means it.

But hey, maybe she'll take you up on it! Always be an optimist, it makes life happier.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
depending on how you do it i'd say go for it. do it in a way that will at least make her laugh if nothing else.

lettucethesallad

Nov 18, 2009
Meeh, depends on the girl really. It might just be weird. I wouldn't do it, but then again I'm pretty introverted.

HassEsser

Jul 31, 2009
I really doubt she'll say no

but if you're looking for a relationship, this might be the wrong first step

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
martin said:
What's the point? She wouldn't be kissing you because she fancies you, she'd be kissing you because it's a present or something.

I mean, if all you're after is a kiss, you could likely find it elsewhere, so the kiss isn't likely the thing you're really after. I'd imagine you're after genuine affection from her specifically, and you won't find it the way you're going about it.
Yup, it'd be as romantic as kissing on a dare. Or losing a bet.

Even worse, since you'd seem needy. KISSSSS MEEEEEEE!!!

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
Well depends. If you really like her then I wouldn't but if it's just a friends with benefits thing you're trying to start it can't hurt.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Honestly, I'd be terribly pissed if anyone did this in seriousness. OP, its hard enough to deal with a friend being attracted to you when you don't feel the same way.

If she hasn't outright declared that she is interested in you, please don't make any assumptions. It can get creepy and uncomfortable when a friend with a crush pushes the issue, and it can ruin otherwise good friendships.

tobi the good boy

Dec 16, 2007
Cheshire the Cat said:
Yup, because nothing turns girls on like desperate and subtly manipulative attempts to guilt em into physical contact.

It will go badly for you brother. Just ask the chick out like a man.
This sums up the reality of this thread pretty much in its entirety.

OT: Don't do it, by the sounds of things you seem to have an unhealthy fixation on this girl. If she doesn't feel that way, don't try and make her.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
Go real every courage wolf ever made and then do it.

Seriously. What if she does it and finds there's a spark and you live happily ever after?

What if she slaps you and says no. You're exactly where you are now. No loss.

SO DO IT!

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
This sounds like an awful idea unless you live in some cheesy 80's movie. The sort of people that say "Give me a kiss...for my birthday" are the same creepers who say: "Give daddy some sugar"

The Apothecarry

Mar 6, 2011
Because it's a half-joke, I'd say to do it. If she says yes, then lucky you! If she says no, it might be awkward but as a half-joke you both can just laugh it off and you probably won't feel so rejected.

Just make sure you ask her in a joking tone. If you sound too serious or too desperate, it might not work.

Maxtro

Feb 13, 2011
Erana said:
Honestly, I'd be terribly pissed if anyone did this in seriousness. OP, its hard enough to deal with a friend being attracted to you when you don't feel the same way.

If she hasn't outright declared that she is interested in you, please don't make any assumptions. It can get creepy and uncomfortable when a friend with a crush pushes the issue, and it can ruin otherwise good friendships.
Heh, I've actually liked her longer than we've been friends.

While you may get mad, I seriously doubt she will. And I'm not going to be serous about it.

I'll probably just look at her with a grin and say, "how bout a kiss for the birthday boy"

floppylobster

Oct 22, 2008
Absolutely. I used to get action every year on my birthday. It was the only reason I celebrated them when I was single.

There's no harm in it and it's a harmless way of letting her know you might like her more than a friend. She can always say no, but at least from then on she'll know you might think of her in a different way. It sounds like a long term 'friend' relationship I had with a girl once. We finally kissed once and it was weird. It never went anywhere after that but we're still great friends. If you are friends then the birthday angle takes the pressure off the moment. It's like mistletoe. People follow those traditions for a reason. It's a safe way of experimenting without things getting too weird (like if you asked her the day after your birthday).