Poll: Assassin's Creed Advice

Brainwreck

Dec 2, 2012
Just play AC 2. Or the first one, it had some interesting stuff, even if it was by and large a failure.
The rest just... ehhhhhhhh.

T3hSource

Mar 5, 2012
The only thing associated with Revelations I'd recommend seeing are the Altair cutscenes,because they provide a little backstory and clear character development.
For me AC1 was the masterpiece,main targets were great characters that give an interesting view of the world.
AC2 was better,but it reduced the philosophical aspects of the story to a mandatory collectible.The Florence section was done well,but after the entire tragedy and drama ended you just became an errand boy with no clear end goal.This became too apparent after you got to Venice where you spend the 2nd half of the game.

RyQ_TMC

Apr 24, 2009
For me, the thing I got from Revelations was a sense of disappointment, that was when I realized that the series is supposed to be a cash cow ranch instead of action-adventure in well-researched(*) historical locales.

I advise you to skip Revelations and go straight to 3, because I think that AC:R spoiling the series for me is primarily responsible for me turning AC3 off 3 hours in and failing to work up the mood to go back.

(*)By "well-researched" I mean that on a scale of 1-10, where "1" is a lazy cliche storm and "10" is perfectly mirroring the state of knowledge at the time of writing, it ranks at about 3. Most works of fiction are 1-2.

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
Seeing the end of Ataïr's and Ezio's lives/stories makes it worth it in itself.
Plus learning more about Desmond is nice too.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Revelations isn't the best in the series, but the story is awesome. It's a great conclusion to Ezio's story and a great insight into Altair's life. It's cheap now so you should get it.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Just don't play 3 at all. Skip revelations if you feel like it, but 3 is absolutely terrible.
Do play Brotherhood though, because the villain Cesare Borgia was the model for which paintings of Jesus were based, so the entire game feels like you're fighting Jesus, and that's hilarious.