Poll: Assassin's Creed: Are you an assassin or a templar?

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
rgrekejin said:
Souplex said:
Xsjadoblayde said:
I...errr, well, ummm...oh I hate having to choose! Is there free ice-cream with any of these guys?
Most things you enjoy (Including ice cream) require infrastructure, which requires civilization.
Assassin's destroy infrastructure.
Assassin's destroy potential ice cream.
...I simply must know what games people are playing such as that it becomes possible to confuse "an opposition to an illegitimate authority imposed unilaterally in secret without the consent of the governed" with "an opposition to any form of organization or government whatsoever".
Because when the assassin's are done destabilizing the region by killing off all the figures of power in the area, they don't do anything to quell the chaos they stir up. They just remove the lynchpins in power, and watch everything fall apart. They've never established any goal for themselves, in contrast to the templar goal, other than "I say evolve, and let the chips fall where they may." The templars might be the best plan around, but considering their goal, at least up to the point in AC 3, was "we've got to find a way to stop the planet from blowing up when the 2012 thing happens, and we're willing to do whatever it takes to do this" it's not a terribly bad goal. I'm kind of in favor of plans that prevent an extinction level event. Yes, they were also trying to develop mind control devices to keep society calm and in line, but what's the alternative in the AC verse? The world is going to shit around every corner, and it's not the fault of the templars, or at least not all of it. Their mandate from the start has been societal peace and order. Having wars and chaos doesn't help that. They want humanity to be peaceful, they just want to be in charge of it.

Now, I stopped playing after AC 3, because it was such a dull pile of rancid templar droppings that I just couldn't be arsed to play any more of them, so I don't know what their plan is now that the 2012 apocalypse thing is over, so take my opinion above with a grain of salt.

Lightspeaker

Dec 31, 2011
Templar because Haytham Kenway is, by far, the suavest guy in the entire series and I am sincerely upset that AC3 didn't have him as the main character.

Johnny Impact

Aug 6, 2008
They're both wrong.

Total freedom is impossible and undesirable. Imagine if you could simply kill your annoying neighbor/coworker/whoever and walk away. No repercussions, no police, no legal action. Now imagine everyone else can do that to you.

Total authority is also impossible and undesirable. Read 1984.

Rasha M

Feb 24, 2015
There has to be some sort of rule or authority. I don't believe in pure anarchy. I also do not believe that a small group should have authority over everyone to 'keep the peace' or 'keep everyone safe'. I suppose I am neither an Assasin or a Templar. I see both viewpoints as too extreme. A happy medium or compromise between the two is best. I suppose they keep each other in check.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
I choose not to vote as both sides exist to diametrically oppose each other and keep the world from being too chaotic and too ordered, maintaining a balance.

SoreWristed

Dec 26, 2014
Templar, definitly. I've already put quite a lot of thought into it.

http://soregaming.blogspot.be/2015/01/what-bothers-me-about-assassins-creed.html

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Johnny Novgorod said:
I like Assassins, just cause I never played as a Templar.
That seems like a bad reason to support a side. You should look at what they believe, and decide based on that.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
[HEADING=2]TEMPLARS [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b11-37Me_a4][/HEADING]​

+ + +

Peace, order, justice. A winning team. The Assassins are naught but clumsy tools with substandard orientation skills.

[small][sub]Get down from there, you dick![/sub][/small]

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Johnny Novgorod said:
Souplex said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
That seems like a bad reason to support a side. You should look at what they believe, and decide based on that.
But I like Eziooooo.
I like Ezio too, but he doesn't really seem to believe in anything, he just wants to avenge his family/get laid.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Souplex said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Souplex said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
But I like Eziooooo.
I like Ezio too, but he doesn't really seem to believe in anything, he just wants to avenge his family/get laid.
That's why I like him!