Poll: Assuming that you are alive 2 years after the Zombie Apocolypse or Nuclear Apocolypse or Both?

Snoopster

Dec 17, 2008
nuclear if I could find a safe un-radiated spot, zombies if I was the last human alive
either as much hope as possible or none at all

Snoopster

Dec 17, 2008
Dr Ampersand said:
Both because the radiation might kill the zombies. If not, then The Glowing Ones still give you quite alot of exp when you kill them anyway.
exp??!! you are one of the few people who I would say has a serious gaming problem

eatenbyagrue

Dec 25, 2008
Nukes, because I believe playing lots of Fallout 3 has prepared me for survival in a nuclear wasteland

bradley348

Apr 17, 2009
zombies.

unless the nukes creating something resembling STALKER.

Zombie apocalypse would be easy to survive. You would need to find an easily defended location, which can be self sufficent, and hidden away, so the ineveitable bandits and raiders and looters wouldnt find you. a military base is a wonderful example, where hundreds could hole up.

just read the zombie survival guide, chapter "living in an undead world"

LegendMir

Sep 19, 2008
nuke coz then it would all be like fall out 3 style with wird guns and u would probably have zombies in there as well anyway so it would be cool. how i would survive.... get lucky lol

Dr Ampersand

Jun 27, 2009
Snoopster said:
Dr Ampersand said:
Le snip snip snip.
exp??!! you are one of the few people who I would say has a serious gaming problem
Calm down 'twas a joke. Besides The Glowing Ones are hard to kill anyway so if I could kill them the normal zombies would be easier to killand eat afterwards. Though The Glowing Ones would make excellent night lights I must admit.

P.S: If my hunger reaches certain levels then yes I would eat zombie if they were cooked.

John Smyth

Jul 3, 2009
I'd defiantly prefer zombies at least you can hide/fight/run where they are concerned radioactive fallout tends to just give you cancer indiscriminately.

DND Judgement

Sep 30, 2008
zombies you can fight radiation just kills you unfortunately....

to survive i would armour plate a bus and travel around rescuing survivors and killing zombies...

Teh Ty

Sep 10, 2008
Dear Gravity...
[align=center]☞I would say nukes, because it would be like living Fallout 3... Which would be pretty sick.☜[/align]
[align=right]...You're holding me down.[/align]

Beltom

Professional Lurker
Sep 8, 2008
Zombies, they're easier to defend against if you've got weapons and supplies and a safe location. It's easier to fight something you can see and shoot than it is to fight something that is invisible and gives you terminal cancer if you come into contact with it.
Unless of course this guys in charge of the zombies:

If this guy wants you dead, you are going to be f***ing dead.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
everyone seems to forget that you've already survived two years, according to the poll

i'd go for nuclear, because if i've survived two years, chances are imma keep surviving

The Enclave 86

Jul 13, 2009
Nukes
If it is two years later then I would have survived the freezing nuclear winter and haven't died of radiation sickness so I probably won't in the future.

j0z

Apr 23, 2009
I would rather go through a zombie apocalypse than nuclear.
I already have an exit strategy and I believe my chance of surviving are better.
3 cheers for the zombie survival guide!

Perwer

Apr 2, 2008
ElephantGuts said:

Atleast radiation isn't scary. Plus it can't be everywhere, and doesn't spread from its original location (which would probably be cities that were nuked).
That's not entirely true. Wind and rain can carry radiation, there are still places in Sweden that will spike a Geiger meter after Chernobyl. And a nuclear holocaust for me includes the bombing of every major city not just a few, which would mean everyone is fucked.

On topic:
I would go with zombies. Feels more like a fighting chance than trying to survive for as long as possible when you're still going to die an agonizing death from radiation poisoning.

bradley348

Apr 17, 2009
Dr Ampersand said:
Snoopster said:
Dr Ampersand said:
Le snip snip snip.
Calm down 'twas a joke. Besides The Glowing Ones are hard to kill anyway so if I could kill them the normal zombies would be easier to killand eat afterwards. Though The Glowing Ones would make excellent night lights I must admit.

P.S: If my hunger reaches certain levels then yes I would eat zombie if they were cooked.
Zombie flesh is lethal to eat.

unless you have an open wound in your mouth, then you become a zombie.

ZOMBIE SURVIVAL GUIDE FTW!

bradley348

Apr 17, 2009
That Dude With A Face said:
Nukes, you only have to survive an initial threat (plus the areas of fallout later), Zombies you have to keep running from.
Correction. Zombies are slow, so you would be "WALKING" from them.

zombie fighting would be kept to an absolute minimum, as if the zombie sights you, its moaning will alert other zombies, as will gunshots. a compound crossbow or silenced sniper are excellent tools for getting rid of the very few targets you would need to kill. chances are you can easily set up a nice facility (Prison with brick walls sorrounding it) and start growing some food. As long as you can keep yourself and possibly your other survivors sane, a zombie apocalypse would be far easier to survive than a nuclear war.