Poll: At what age does liking video games become sad?

michael87cn

Jan 12, 2011
Ahh, this age old question.

Before it was video games it was television. If you watched too much television you were a coach potato.

Before television it was books. If you spent too much time reading books you were a bookworm.

See a pattern yet? It doesn't matter what people think of you. If you enjoy doing something, do it! The people who judge you like that are just bullies. They spend too much time bullying people. Now THATS something to criticize.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
It never gets lame to like video games. If your with a group of people who think it is lame then obviously you don't have as much in common with them as you might think

Chibz

Sep 12, 2008
This is pretty much what you're asking.

"At what age does liking movies become sad?"

How about...

"At what age does liking books become sad?".

Silliness.

drbarno

Nov 18, 2009
The answer I would think is no, it isn't sad to play video games at any age.

But society doesn't think that way, certain things seem childish to society because they appear childish. Just like how comic books and cartoons are deemed child's thing in modern society.

RoBi3.0

Mar 29, 2009
approximately 6 months after you die. For gods sake get someone to put you in the ground already.

yaoinut

Dec 17, 2010
While you never become to old to enjoy video games, you do eventually become to busy to keep them the main focus of your life.

I am 22, only a year younger than yourself. I love gaming, but I tend to keep it to an "end of the day" hobby. Once I know I have finished work, had dinner, put some washing in etc, only then will I sit down to enjoy my medium of the night.

As long as a person can handle the responsibilities of adult life and gaming, there is no reason to feel like you have to give it up.

NintendHo

Oct 28, 2010
warcraft4life said:
NintendHo said:
warcraft4life said:
YOU WILL RAPE SOMEONE [/sarcasm]
Awesome! Can't wait! Should I start with you? I'll pencil you in for 5:30. It'll only take a minute.
Sorry dude, Someone's already got 5:30, 5:45 will do, if you're available. Don't forget, bring your own lube!
Dude, I'm a dudette (as I mentioned up ^ there somewhere) and 5:45 it is! Don't start without me.

Chrmike

Oct 20, 2009
I really bloody hate the sad, loner virgin stereotype that gamers seem to have. Just because you have a hobby that you love, how is that any different than just having another hobby?

Also, with video games on the rise as entertainment venues, rather than just games for kids, I thing that more people than ever will be getting into video games later in life.

But no, you're never too old to like video games. It's all personal choice. Just because your friends might be more into twittering their facebooks and going out partying, doesn't mean that you have to either.

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
Liking video games doesn't become sad at a certain age, it's sad depending on the person and what games they like.

A 90 year old can play a variety of games regularly and it's all fine.
But if you're obsessed with video games to the point where you're worshipping them and never leave your basement then you're sad at any age.

kwagamon

Jun 24, 2010
There is nothing sad about playing video games regardless of age unless it becomes a legitimate problem in some way. Basically if you truly care about video games more than real life, it's sad. Age has nothing to do with it.

monkey jesus

Jan 29, 2009
Never to old, it's the content not the medium you need to look at. I'm too old to watch Ben 10 on TV but not to old to watch TV.

Its the burden of a new medium to be judged as a whole.

However I think that they fuckers who gave me a hard time for being a gamer all through school should not be allowed xbox's so they can play FIFA, Madden, HALO and CoD.

I'm so old I'm just a twisted bitter husk.

NaramSuen

Jun 8, 2010
Never

I have been playing video games since the days of the Atari 2600 and I have no intention of stopping.

ZydrateDealer

Nov 17, 2009
Simply liking them is never sad, however liking them to a point where they are the ONLY thing you like is rather tragic; fan boys need help.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Yup, that poll is showing exactly what I expected to see. Honestly, it's never lame to do something you enjoy. You wouldn't say, "When is it lame to watch movies?" Or, "When is it lame to still be reading books?" I love video games, and I will never, ever stop playing them until I'm physically unable to do so.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Okay, here is my answer and the answer of most everyone else on this site: You are never too old to enjoy video games just like you are never to old to enjoy music, film, television, or books. That is my opinion in a nutshell.