Poll: Average age of TheEscapist forumgoers...

Greever

Jun 29, 2004
wilsonscrazybed said:
32 and counting, my first console wasn't a console at all. I bought a WANG "laptop" used for 100$ to play MUDs on.

I wish I still had it... It weighed about 30 lbs and would have made an excellent battering ram if you ever needed to break into a burning building.

Edit: polls are working fine, make sure you whitelist our site if you have an addon that blocks java.
Forget netbooks, I want a 30lbs WANG!!!

And the polls should work fine, I have no restrictions set and am using firefox. I think I may possibly be restricted from "polling"?

TheUnionForever

Nov 5, 2008
Greever said:
First game system, Atari 2600.
Same here. I have a feeling that "Winter Olympics" probably wouldn't hold my attention like it used to.

After the novelty wore off, having a thirty pound wang could get pretty alienating.

Sewblon

Nov 5, 2008
I am 18 years old. My first system was the Super Nintendo. My first game was Super Mario World.

wilsonscrazybed

thinking about your ugly face
Dec 16, 2007
Rankao said:
20. First Console
commodore 64 . Wilson... does that Laptop have a type writer built into it?
no, but it does have a printer...

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
18. First console was an NES. But before that I was playing DOS games on the computer: Commander Keen, Lemmings etc.

.Ricks.

Sep 10, 2008
17, my first game system was the SNES with castlevania IV. Back then my parents were the ones addicted to video games I just got pulled in and i'm glad they did!

goater24

Feb 5, 2008
I'm 25 and my first computer was a zx spectrum +. It could barely run smash tv and paper boy but was fantastic. My first console was a SEGA mastersystem (the second gen version with sonic the hedgehog built in) which was a pity because I really enjoyed alex the kid.

Azhrarn-101

Jul 15, 2008
28, first platform: the then just released IBM 80286 computer, with all of 640KB of memory.
Running DOS 3.0 i think. :)

End result, once a PC gamer, still a PC gamer. ;)

Fanboy

Oct 20, 2008
21. First and favourite even to this day console is the N64, though I am more of a PC gamer, and started playing DOS games when I was 6. One of the earliest games I can remember playing was the 1989 PC version of TMNT.

N-Sef

Jun 21, 2008
I'm currently 22 and my first console was a Sega Master System. Great memories of that era, I still crank it out to play some Space Harrier or relive the memories of Phantasy Star.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Just today I thought about about how old the people on this board are I surmised the average was early twenties. For what I see, I was pretty close with my guess. (I guessed based a trend for discussions posts rather then pointless posts, but a lack of even more mature posts that people with families would have.)

First system was Gameboy color(Gamecube was first console). Although my brother has a SNES and my grandmother had a NES.

Neosage

Elite Member
Nov 8, 2008
15 baby! and first console was PS ONE/ Gameboy Colour (can't remember which) Colin mcrae rally/Crash bandicoot WARPED! or Pokémon silver.