Poll: Average age of TheEscapist forumgoers...

JMeganSnow

Aug 27, 2008
29, and my first gaming experience was on an Apple IIgs.

I'm a PC gamer to the core. Never met a console I liked.

Tread184

Feb 29, 2008
I'm currently in my 18th year and my first system was a Sega genesis. =D
Then it would be a N64 and Came Boy color. Man, those were the good ol' days.

The Rusk

May 25, 2008
19, and the first console I played on was the megadrive. I can't remember the proper name for the game, but it was some sort of Jurassic Park game. I thought it kicked ass at the time!

Crunchy English

Victim of a Savage Neck-bearding
Aug 20, 2008
19 and my first system was Sega Genesis. Sonic 2 was my first game, and Sonic Spinball the first game I actually beat.

Syntax Error

Sep 7, 2008
21, Playstation was the first system I owned, but I was gaming since the Famicom (points to the one to name this console, as if you already didn't know) days. I even played a few 3DO games.

SecretTacoNinja

Jul 8, 2008
15... God I want to be 16, EMA... £30 a week...

My first console... well, the first one I had all to myself was my purple Gameboy Advance. <3
I got it for my tenth birthday with Shrek's Swamp Car Racing...

But if you don't count a computer as a console I think it was a Playstation that belonged to my brother. Rayman, Abe's Odysee... good times...

KendayTheAbsolute said:
16.First console=original xbox(or gameboy if that counts(I don't think it does))
You do count a Gameboy as a console, just a handheld console. :p

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
17. I never had an original console, and my Computer is the first dedicated gaming thing I have ever owned. My brother owned a SNES and that was the first gaming apparatus in our house.

speedcoreXdandy

Nov 4, 2008
16, first console was a PS2 slimline but I'd been playing on the PC for a few years before I got that so it would be more meaninful to say that my first games were Worms 2, Toca Touring Cars and Spirit Of Speed 1937.

ianuam

Aug 28, 2008
Twenty years old. First console was a c64 and vic20, then i got a master system couple months after. Only really got into gaming seriously when i won a ps1 and a copy of croc2 in a supermarket contest. Still remember impossible mission and the joys of Dizzy fondly from my early childhood though.

Toner

Dec 1, 2008
20 here, hitting 21 in just under a month (jeez thats scary).

The first console I had was I guess the old ZX Spectrum that my dad basically passed on to me when he had the PC. So I basically spent my time nabbing the kitchen TV + setting up the ZX, play for a bit, get bored, then nab the PC to play DOOM at the age of 3.5. Ah good times...

Mr Fatherland

Nov 10, 2008
13,first had a Nintendo 64.GOLDENEYE! GOLDENEYE! YAY! LET'S HAVE A PARTY! WHERE AM I GOING WITH THIS! YAY!

wewontdie11

May 28, 2008
Well I'm 19, and my first console was a SNES with Duck Hunt and a light gun. Those were simpler times, better times....