Poll: Battlerfield 3 or Modern Warfare 3?

jackpackage200

Jul 4, 2011
I planning out what games im going to get for the rest of the year (im on a budget) and I'm wondering what is more likely the better choice between modern warfare 3 or battlefield 3. I also plan on getting this on my 360 so that may make a difference in quality.

Edit: This is my last loose end. Everything else is reserved

EdwardOrchard

Jan 12, 2011
Based on pure empirical scientific evidence and mathematical equations, a team of physicists in Hong Kong have determined Battlefield 3 to be the superior game.

Thamous

Sep 23, 2008
Did you like MW2 and Black Ops? Do you want to pay another 60 bucks for the same game? Then by all means go and get MW3. Personally I would go for Battlefield.

Stainlesssteele4

Jul 5, 2011
Come on, let's not start this crap. We're comparing apple's to oranges here, and despite both games taking place in modern day and containing multiplayer, they're very different game play wise. I personally look forward to both games, and plan to get both at launch.

Akarezik

Apr 3, 2011
If you like fast and frantic twitch gameplay, I'd recommend MW3. But if you'd rather play a game with a stronger focus on teamwork, Battlefield 3 is the obvious choice. (Note that I'm only talking multiplayer as if the games stay true to their predecessors.)

enzilewulf

Jun 19, 2009
Both. Two different styles, both are fun in their own way. MW is a good party game for you and your friends and Battlefield is the game to blow off steam by destroying buildings.

Ilikemilkshake

Jun 7, 2010
if you're on a budget, but really want a cod game, get one of the previous ones... nothing decent has been added/changed since cod4

or get bad company 2, its still pretty active, lotta fun to play

butttt if you really want one of the new ones i'd go for bf3

Sirangstadt

Jun 28, 2011
I would go for battlefield 3 only because i love vehicle combat and that is something the modern warfare games are lacking, especially in multiplayer.

Aleol

Mar 20, 2009
Well, considering neither has come out yet, why not just, you know, wait until they come out to ask these questions?

In any case, I really enjoyed the stories of the two "modern warfare"s, and logged many hours in the multiplayer, but I hear good things about battlefield's multiplayer, so whatever works for you.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Given that choice, I'd go with Battlefield 3... but regenerating health puts me off both games. Despite its graphical inferiority, I'd rather play Battlefield: Vietnam.

Gorilla Gunk

May 21, 2011
Aleol said:
Well, considering neither has come out yet, why not just, you know, wait until they come out to ask these questions?
Because that would be too rational and gamers aren't rational.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Since you're asking on The Escapists, and Call of Duty is treated like the plague here, I'm going to say you're going to get overwhelming support for Battlefield 3.

If I had to choose only one--thank goodness I don't, but still--I would go with Modern Warfare 3. The main reason for that is because I want to continue the story from the first two games. I want to see how it all ends.

TwoSidesOneCoin

Dec 11, 2010
I'm going to be on a tight budget myself and will only be able to afford one game for the rest of the year.

I'm picking up Gears of War 3.

The reason I'm replying and adding my 2 cents to this thread is because after I get out of boot camp, I'll be picking up BF3 first and then MW3, might wait for a used copy of MW3. At the very least I'll check the reviews and opinions of a couple of my buddies, who play both BFBC 2 and MW2 and enjoy them both, despite their flaws.