Poll: Best Composer

Antwerp Caveman

Jan 19, 2010
Alade said:
Antwerp Caveman said:
Well that was quite useless.
1. If those were corrections in my use of language, big deal, I'm not a native english speaker/writer.
2. If that was, how it reads, to make more clear that this concerns my opinion... where do you think we are? This is a forum. A place where opinions are written and shared. It's the entire point.
1. Neither am I but these are things everyone should know and pay attention to.
2. To clarify, while this is a forum, fact and opinion somehow have to be separated. This is usually done by the method I've shown you in the big bold letters. However I do understand that this may be due to the fact that you haven't had that much experience with the English language as aforementioned.

Now, since you've managed to insult my favorite composer and video games (The Mass Effects) in the very same thread, and since you're nowhere near a reasonable travel distance, I will go on a rampage against my boxing bag to calm myself down.

PS: If you're trolling, which is pretty much possible considering some of your opinions, well played sir, here's your free internet.
Wow, threatening with violence. Very classy.
And if Mass Effect is your favorite game or series, open your eyes, don't look far, but try the other games from Bioware. Jade Empire is absolutely stunning.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Kasurami said:
Hans Zimmer is superior to all three, in my opinion.
Ninja'd. Hans Zimmer Fucking Rocks.

[sub]Certainly took Inception to another level just on his own...[/sub]

RAKtheUndead said:
lacktheknack said:
Clint Mansell and Akira Yamaoka beat them all, I think.
I have serious misgivings about Clint Mansell because of that hideously overrated piece of crap called Lux Aeterna. That piece of music annoys the hell out of me.
Finally, someone else who doesn't like that song!

FoOd77

Jul 2, 2009
Absolute best composer is easily Clint Mansell, just watch "The Fountain" and you'll know why. Best score ever.

EDIT: I forgot Basil Poledouris, why is he not on the list? That man was a legend!

Antwerp Caveman

Jan 19, 2010
You still haven't proben your own point, you're just speculating.
Hollywood pumps out about 300 movies per year, Bollyood about three times that.
And yes, I'm not just talking about movies of the last 10 years. My topic opening is about film 100 years ago, so ofcourse nostalgia is a big factor.

A comparison of that logic: taking Shore and Zimmer and naming them the best, is like saying Britney Spears is the best popular musician of the past 100 years because she is succesfull -now- in the last 10 years. Well, I liked Elvis and Michael Jackson in their prime.
But that would not go according to that logic, because that's old and only nostalgic.

A Satanic Panda

Nov 5, 2009
I don't see any love for Akira Ifukube. What's going on here!? He practically invented Godzilla; and literally invented the trademark roar.

[sub][sub][sub]BRAAAAINS. ZOMBIE THREAD.[/sub][/sub][/sub]

LordFish

May 29, 2012
So am I the only one here because he thought the poll was "Best Computer"?

Capcha: Panic Stations.

Private Custard

Dec 30, 2007
Well it's really tough. There's only one on that list that's produced something so unspeakably shitty that it actually hurts to listen to....and that's Morricone for his disastrous 'Mission to Mars' Soundtrack. So that's him out of the running.

And I don't think any John Williams composition has ever given me goosebumps, so I'll knock him out too.

So that leaves me with these two, which both leave me with bumps like a plucked chicken!

Hell, even Koyaanisqatsii didn't make my hairs stand up, as awesome as it was.

I just can't decide!

WoW Killer

Mar 3, 2012
Wow, old thread. I saw the options, realised it was a film music thread, and immediately thought of Jerry Goldsmith. But someone already mentioned that. Then I skimmed through the thread to see if anybody mentioned Leonard Bernstein. Nobody. Cool, I got dis:

But attempts at uniqueness of opinions aside, John Williams is very much a genius, and he's famous for a reason. Don't feel bad about liking him just because he's popular. He really is that good.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
WoW Killer said:
Wow, old thread.
Tell me about it... linked to the third page and... holy shit, [user]RAKtheUndead[/user]?!

OT: Anyway, OP seems to be disrespecting Howard Shore and Hans Zimmer a lot... ¬_¬

And the first thought I had was for Dimitri Tiompkin...

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Dovrak.

That man gave me this:

And for that, he shall forever has a place in my heart.

CAPTCHA: Thank You

See? Even the computer agrees