Poll: Best Devloper

Avida

Oct 17, 2008
Relic, though i could easily play Quake untill the end of time XD.

We'll see if Blizzard have won me over by the time my subscription ends.

NeonZombie

Feb 5, 2009
The amount of effert and attention to detail bethesda put into making their games is outstanding. If only they had a bigger staff force or more offices so that they could produce these great games faster..

Gamer137

Jun 7, 2008
From that list, Blizzard, because WoW and Starcraft are two of my favorite games and have such great longevities.

zauxz

Mar 8, 2009
bodyklok said:
Isn't this why we have March Mayhem?
Indeed.

However he joined very recently, so he missed the mayhem.

PS Your pool has very few options ( Ubisoft? ( prince of persia), Eidos? (Deus Ex), EA ( umm. Mirrors edge? *hides*), Capcom?(devil m,ay cry), IO interactive? (hitman) ,Lucas arts? (star wars games), SEGA? (total war), THQ? (Red Faction: Guerrilla comming up), Westwood ((RIP) But created command and couquer)

bushwhacker2k

Jan 27, 2009
Just about all these companies have a few decent games so it wouldn't be a bad deal.

I'm a MASSIVE Bioware fan, I recently bought MDK2 and Sonic: The Dark Brotherhood, both which people didn't think were that good BUT because it was made by Bioware I bought it in a heartbeat. Also, can't wait for The Old Republic because evidently my faith in humanity HASN'T been destroyed yet, which is surprisingly surprising.

Half-Life 2 = mediocre, it isn't that good. Unless valve has some other games I don't know about then it is definitely overrated. BUT if Valve made Portal then I give them props, cuz it was fun.

ParkourMcGhee

Jan 4, 2008
Bethesda are really good at massive RPGs and that's great in itself but I'd have to say Valve wins just for the sheer diversity of games that comes out on that engine.

Portal, TF2 and L4D are all awesome, and I'm not sure whether mods count (if so would Counterstrike count as valve or not?). However definitely the top of my list.

Blizzard were good, however i'm not a fan of mumorpugers since they consume too much time (grinding). However Warcraft 3 isn't completely dead yet... actually that game can now probably be called DotA (and co). Whatever happened to Diablo?

Tom Clancy games used to be really tactical however with the addition of Vegas it's steamrolled downhill for me. The games have changed from a tactical twelve man team that executes plans with precision to a Shooter where you sometimes have two semi invulnerable idiots following you.

ThrobbingEgo

Nov 17, 2008
I believe Microsoft is better known for being a game publisher than a developer.

Personally, I'd say Valve. Valve's done a lot of good work lately, Portal, TF2, Left 4 Dead. They also stand by their products after launch, with constant free content patches. At least in the PC corner of the games industry, they're pretty much reigning supreme.

I have to ask though, no love for any Nintendo developers? What about HAL, Camelot or Retro Studios? I also notice 2K and Square aren't on your list.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Bioware hands down, though all the choices up there are pretty solid developers in my opinion.

But Bioware has a few things going for it. They made my favourite game series (Baldur's Gate), they haven't made a game I didn't love, and they're Canadian (Ahh, pseudo-patriotism).
Triple threat.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
What no Turbine? I thought they were the best developer...

/sarcasm

Bioware, because they've never made a bad game.

Zephirius

Jul 9, 2008
Bethesda all the way man. No other company can approach the amount of content the Elder Scrolls modding community can churn out.