Poll: Best Final Fantasy game ever? (between VII and IIX)

Nostalgia

Mar 8, 2009
Gee, FFVII is winning the polls. How unexpected.

I couldn't honestly answer without playing all the games first. It feels so incomplete, due to an insanely nonsensical OCD habit.
FFX and FFIX are up there though out of what I completed.

Eiseman

Jul 23, 2008
Crisis Core is my favorite because it's the one I'm playing right now.

Tactics will be my favorite after, because I'll be playing that one next. And I expect that next year FFXIII will be my favorite one.

Are you seeing a pattern here?

nohorsetown

Dec 8, 2007
Wow, nothing before VII? Then I guess I have to vote for XII. (Never played IX or XI, tho..)
VII was OK.. hated VIII.. X was ridiculous.. X-2 even worse.. yeah, gotta vote for the gambits on this one.

Scoooby

Mar 11, 2009
Keewa said:
Syphilis > X-2.
Seriously.
QFT - i got so far into X2 and had to get rid of it, worst spin off ever

Top three in order for me would be...

FFVII
FFX
FFVIII

Drunkenmonkey182

Feb 8, 2009
Joeshie said:
They all suck.

Just kidding of course. My personal favorites would be VII, VIII, and IX. X was a decent Final Fantasy, but I never felt any particular draw to it. X-2 and XI were pieces of shit and should never be mentioned. XII was somewhat of a disappointment in the gameplay department, so I never finished it.

I also never got into the earlier ones either. I remember playing IV and V and thinking the characters were about as interesting as cardboard cutouts.

I agree with almost everything you said! although I quite liked XII

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
FF8 why does everyone hate it?
the sword was also a gun!
seydaman said:
i don't know roman numerals, numbers please?
I = 1
II = 2
III = 3
IV = 4
V = 5
VI = 6
VII = 7
VIII = 8
IX = 9
X = 10
XI = 11
XII = 12
XIII = 13

mark_n_b

Mar 24, 2008
I love the title of this thread between VII and IIX. my understanding of roman numerals would leave me to believe you are looking at numbers between seven and eight?

I guess that would have to be Dirge of Cerberus or Advent's Children. Crisis Core is a prequel so I'm not sure we can place it between seven and eight if we want to attach a number to it.

FinalGamer

Mar 8, 2009
This doesn't work, I'm sorry, you can't expect to not include any Final Fantasy games before VII in a thread such as this.
Not even having VI in there is a goddamn sacrilege and this is from someone who not only started on VII but played VI on the PS1 which got crippled by bad loading times.
And yet you put XI and X-2 in there? One's a forgotten MMO and the other's a Charlie's Angels spinoff, which while I like the gameplay of, cannot stand against the other Final Fantasies.

Please amend the poll, somehow.

Enigmers

Dec 14, 2008
Tactics Advanced A2 had awesome gameplay, despite the mediocre at best storyline.

In response to ViviFFIX: I played FF7 and enjoyed it I played 8 and felt it was okay, I fucking loved 9, 10 was decent, and 12 was also fucking amazing. I must totally not be a fan of the series then, right?

Terrortree

Mar 12, 2009
Ten (which I am playing now) is so much fun. Plus I like the sphere grid system. Auron FTW!

Matronadena

Mar 11, 2009
I'm really going to have to go with the first 3 in that order....

everything after that just to me became too....too predictable, transparent, and repetitive...Biggest draw about the origional ones is at the time they were very original in the west... though naturally you had knock offs that were pretty good as well like Dragon Warrior...

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Niiine, I'm only voting for it because it's grossly underestimated.
Seven eight nine. Will remain my nostalgic weakness always. (Yes I'm not a FF-noob, I've played the rest since)

10...Egghhh it lost me, the style was really not at all interesting. I thought Nine hit on the mark for 'Fantasy style' but didn't go kiddy with the story at all. It was refreshing after eight and seven.

Now its like SE have gone with label-style. If it's anime-ish, its for kids (Crystal Chronicals) if it's 'Adult 3D looking' it's for our regular crowd. If it's Nomura's style...it's a cash cow. Nghh it just...meh. Do, not, want.

Besides you can never pull off a villain like Kuja ever again. Asexual narcassist wearing a codpeice dress-thing reciting the script in poetry while simultaniously manipulating the destruction of every major city in the world. Classic.

Gaz_mcMillan

Jan 31, 2009
Ok, I really don't know how you can play Final Fantasy games because it is like the most repetitive game when it comes to combat and character design. I watch my friend play all the Final Fantasy games which toke 2 days and 2 nights(with 5 hours sleep) and still don't like it one bit, for the example I never understood the story line for any of the games. Personal I think that the 2 days and 2 nights was waste of my bloody time in which I could of spent finishing off Doom 3 or playing Left 4 Dead