Poll: Best Kanye West album

Aerodyamic

Aug 14, 2009
Novskij said:
Aerodyamic said:
Novskij said:
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy has King Crimson,Black Sabbath and Aphex Twin samples.

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy wins.
Seriously? He's incapable of writing good music, or letting someone else finish? All the more reason to continue to ignore him, and hope he gets lost in the system.

Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
HA HA HA, Ah man.

Dude, this is the wrong site to ask. Most of these hypocritical morons refuse to admit that rap is even music.

And I don't really listen to Kanye West, but I have some Emninem and Tech 9 on my ipod.
I can accept some things as valid expressions of musical talent, but I don't identify with 99.9% of the message in rap. The following, I can at least understand, while the crap you find presented as the mainstream make ZERO sense to me.

Gj you picked the worst examples that barely qualify as rap/hip hop....
So when did you get added to the 'Committee for (Mis)Classification of Music by Genre'? I must have missed that memo. Too bad you haven't spent any time on the 'Board for Using Better Grammar, even though this is the Internet.'

How about I picked examples that I actually like/tolerate/understand? I don't listen to hip-hop/urban/rap because I don't come from a background that makes many of it's message relevant OR entertaining.

Another key point to remember: I think the above artists have a lot more to offer than Kanye, Lil Wayne, ICP or a host of other rap 'artists'; you're welcome to think otherwise, but I'll think you're wrong.

GRoXERs

Feb 4, 2009
Aerodyamic said:
I love k-os. "I Wish I Knew Natalie Portman" in particular.

This was actually a hard choice - I picked College Dropout on the strength of "Jesus Walks," "Slow Jamz," "Family Business," and "All Falls Down." I do like Late Registration an awful lot, though - with the exception of Gold Digger, which isn't bad so much as overplayed, every song on there is pretty damn good.

The Stonker

Feb 26, 2009
I'm a fan of classical music, so I don't listen to Kanye West, because I don't support auto-tune sorry.
But to my defense then I love Sage Francis, here's a song with him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA8hzUDXvtk
But I do consider him more of a poet then a rapper.

odBilal

Feb 7, 2009
Squidden said:
...Where is man on the moon?
Thats KiD Cudi

I cant decide which one i like most i vote for College Dropout, because I've never heard something similar to that around that time.

'Aredor

Jan 24, 2010
Haven't heard the latest yet. College Dropout is great, but not as good as Late Registration. Graduation was meh, 808s was surprisingly good but in the end I prefer the more traditional sound of the first two.

Kouen

Yea, Furry. Deal With It!
Mar 23, 2010
There is no NONE Option in the poll so my vote is on None in posting

BoredRolePlayer

Nov 9, 2010
There is a good Kanye West album, no offense to the man while I like good rap (Daune and the Plasmas) he is just to stuck up for me to enjoy.

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
This one

In all seriousness. I dont listen to his music, and what I have heard I dont like. I admit he is an extreamly talented man, but its not my thing.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Late Registration is still my favorite. The man manages to make Maroon 5 sound awesome on it ("Heard 'Em Say"). That is the new standard of skill, haha. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is excellent, though. 808s and Heartbreak is his only bad album, the rest are really good.

Frozen Donkey Wheel2 is sort of right. This site is a weird place that is stuck saying "Rap is crap, just noise" apparently unaware that they sound just like the Baby Boomers who were perplexed by hardcore punk in the late 70's and 80s.

Is Kanye West a dick? I don't know. He's so far detached from reality, which I think is a big part of why he's so talented at what he does. I would really love to be his psychologist.

the Dept of Science

Nov 9, 2009
My copy of My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy arrived just today in fact, haven't had a chance to listen to it.

If its as good as his other stuff (and most reviews are saying that its BETTER), Kanye could be putting in a strong claim for one of the best artists in any genre of this generation.
Also, Kanye replaced his teeth with diamonds. How awesome is that?