Poll: Best "Legend of Zelda" game?

sonicspin

Nov 13, 2008
Oldmanwillow said:
sonicspin said:
I absolutely cannot pick a favorite! In all honesty the only ones I didn't like were the cel-shaded ones.
why would you say that wind waker was a great game. not to like a game because of graphics seems to me stupid, game play level design, and story should be what you want from a zelda game, which wind waker was way better then twilight princess.
I guess windwaker is your favorite if you like boring topped with boring, boring.......boring.

Nostalgia

Mar 8, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Where the balls is Seasons?

The best one I've played. Ages was harder...A lot harder, imo. Not as great with the balance issues.
Probably because Seasons was more action based, and we all know how much of a joke combat is in Zelda.

Civic

Apr 22, 2009
Ocarina Of Time & Majoras Mask are at the top for me. Twilight Princess was awesome as was A Link To The Past. Honestly, there's only a few that I haven't replayed many times.

Hawkez

Feb 10, 2008
"The Legend of Zelda" and all the NES, SNES and gameboy versions should have been included. Where would we be without these. The Phillips CD-i versions on the other hand should be destroyed and all mention erased from history.

That being said, I still really love "The Legend of Zelda".

Paulrus_Keaton

Apr 23, 2009
Majora's Mask was unique, despite being lesser to Ocarina of Time.

Twilight Princess needed more, but the character animations were the best for any Zelda and the game had Midna.

grayishfox

Apr 28, 2009
if im honest, it annoys me that people keep on praising OoT as the best but hell i cant exactly say they're wrong at the same time. I've only just started playing it properly recently for the first time, and its definitely not my favourite; the camera was irritating and hasn't aged well graphically. Nevertheless its a zelda game and i do still enjoy it immensely. I respect it was a revolutionary jump but right now, i feel its praise is somewhat nostalgia related, especially with it possibly being many peoples first zelda. Same reason why my favourite is probably links awakening (DX) i guess. It introduced me properly to series but then again i have to hand it to OoT; it made me want to play zelda but without a N64, made things a little difficult.

kokirisoldier

Apr 15, 2008
Hell Yeah Majora's mask!

Fun.
Twisted.
Time Mechanics.
Different Plot.
Side Quests.

I didn't beat it with the Fierce Deities mask either, which I heard made it easier.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Nostalgia said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Where the balls is Seasons?

The best one I've played. Ages was harder...A lot harder, imo. Not as great with the balance issues.
Probably because Seasons was more action based, and we all know how much of a joke combat is in Zelda.
Let's not forget about the underworld thing in Seasons.

Gohanpwns

Apr 28, 2009
I refuse to vote simply because u sir are an idiot! How can u not have some of the best Zelda games on your list? Why is there no Link To The Past? Why no Links Awakening? Most importantly, Why is the ORIGINAL not on the list? Every "What game is best" poll should AT LEAST have the original game to choose. Add these games and maybe I will retract my statement.

Byakuya0

Apr 17, 2009
Twililight Princess is way better in my opinion. It's got the third dimesion, depth. Link to the Past does not, and besides no one ever had it to play four swords...

Eatbrainz

Mar 2, 2009
Twilight Princess after it got delayed (twice i think) but it was well worth the wait, i was so hyped up on christmas day i almost exploded when i finally had a copy all to myself

ThePlasmatizer

Sep 2, 2008
Link's Awakening and Ocarina of Time for me.

In the beginning I was ok with Cel-shaded Link but I srsly detested Phantom Hourglass and it looks like Soul Train will be more of the same tripe.

MarneusB

Mar 28, 2009
I'm disgusted that "Link to the Past" wasn't put on this poll. It is hands down the best Legend of Zelda game out there. I went with Ocarina just because it's a distant second.

BolognaBaloney

Mar 17, 2009
MarneusB said:
I'm disgusted that "Link to the Past" wasn't put on this poll. It is hands down the best Legend of Zelda game out there. I went with Ocarina just because it's a distant second.
Yes... Link to the Past was my definite favorite