Poll: Best Zombie game ever, no matter the genre?

Ender910_v1legacy

Oct 22, 2009
the December King said:
Ender910 said:
7 Days to Die. Although Left 4 Dead and Dead Island definitely deserve an honorable mention.
Seconded, 7. It's been a lot of fun for me and a few friends for a couple of years now- not the greatest game, but certainly entertaining.
I dunno, I think it's one of the better survival games out there. The last update was kind of a mess, but the overall design of the game, even from its inception, was incredibly solid.

IE: The dynamic world generation system, an emphasis on making enemy AI an ever-constant threat, even in the comfort of your own base, without making it too bullshitty, not resorting to godawful RPG-enemy levels, AI who actually attack structures(and not just doors), and an incredibly versatile yet easy to use modding system.

One of the most intensely satisfying gaming experiences I've ever had was playing 7 Days in coop with some friends, with nightly Blood Moons that we... accidentally enabled.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Elijin said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Silentpony said:
Samtemdo8 said:
I never expected to see all these obscure Zombie games here at all.
Am I out of touch?

You guys are into these early access indie games and I still prefer to stay in my AAA corner because I just think most indie games as inferior by going backwards.

Why is a game like Death Road to Canada superior to Dead Rising? How is it not seen as backwards? If you want to play Retro Games, play actual retro games, games that have better sprite artwork than these "sprite" based indie games try to emulate (and fails)
Your top 5 had DayZ and CoD in it. You're definitely out of touch.
I get why this communuity never cared about COD Zombies, (that game is good, especially with Friends, its better than Left 4 Dead in some apsects)

But I thought DayZ was reletively still popular and a thing?

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Samtemdo8 said:
Elijin said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Silentpony said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Am I out of touch?

You guys are into these early access indie games and I still prefer to stay in my AAA corner because I just think most indie games as inferior by going backwards.

Why is a game like Death Road to Canada superior to Dead Rising? How is it not seen as backwards? If you want to play Retro Games, play actual retro games, games that have better sprite artwork than these "sprite" based indie games try to emulate (and fails)
I get why this communuity never cared about COD Zombies, (that game is good, especially with Friends, its better than Left 4 Dead in some apsects)

Nah, DayZs days have come and gone. It's no where near the powerhouse it once was. PUBG commands the battle royale streamer games right now.

Mcgeezaks

The biggest boss
Dec 31, 2009
Sweden
Country
Sweden
Silentpony said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Elijin said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Silentpony said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Am I out of touch?

Nah, DayZs days have come and gone. It's no where near the powerhouse it once was. PUBG commands the battle royale streamer games right now.
I will never understand why people compare DayZ with battle royale games

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Silentpony said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Elijin said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Silentpony said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Am I out of touch?

Because it was? The zombies were kinda an after-thought to that game. It wasn't exactly like PUBG, but it was closer to that than say Left 4 Dead or State of Decay.

TheFinish

Grand Admiral
May 17, 2010
Zombies Ate My Neighbors, obviously. Anyone who says otherwise is a tasteles Philistine you should enver associate with.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Since "Dead Rising" is an option I'll say "Dead Rising 2". The great middle ground between the original's design and tone and the latter game's accessibility. It's an absolute joy.

Mcgeezaks

The biggest boss
Dec 31, 2009
Sweden
Country
Sweden
Silentpony said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Silentpony said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Elijin said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Silentpony said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Am I out of touch?

Because it was? The zombies were kinda an after-thought to that game. It wasn't exactly like PUBG, but it was closer to that than say Left 4 Dead or State of Decay.
No it wasn't. DayZ is a zombie survival game and it always was since the mod, your goal isn't to be dropped on a map that gets smaller until you're the only one left.

Zombie Proof

Nov 28, 2015
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Silentpony said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Silentpony said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Elijin said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Silentpony said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Am I out of touch?

No it wasn't. DayZ is a zombie survival game and it always was since the mod, your goal isn't to be dropped on a map that gets smaller until you're the only one left.
Speaking of Zombie Games, I know YOU'RE hot'n'a'biscuit to get up in that Metal Gear survive...

...amirite?

Kajin

This Title Will Be Gone Soon
Apr 13, 2008
TheFinish said:
Zombies Ate My Neighbors, obviously. Anyone who says otherwise is a tasteles Philistine you should enver associate with.
I was never able to beat this game despite years of trying T.T

My personal favorite zombie games would have to be Stubbs the Zombie and Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead. DayZ the mod was great but shit really went downhill once they decided to make it a full on standalone.

Samtemdo8 said:
Silentpony said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Am I out of touch?

AAA Gaming has been strangling the life out of the gaming community for years now. A lot of AAA games are good, definitely, but they get so samey and boring after a while. It's just so much easier to get into the indie scene, where the lax restrictions on graphics means they can explore whatever they hell they want. Most of them end up being garbage too but you can find some surprisingly great games in the indie scene if you actually look around for them.

I mean if you can't stand the graphics, that's your thing. Fine by me. That doesn't mean the games that have the graphics are bad. It just means they're not for you.

Mcgeezaks

The biggest boss
Dec 31, 2009
Sweden
Country
Sweden
ZombieProof said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Silentpony said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Silentpony said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Elijin said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Silentpony said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Am I out of touch?

Speaking of Zombie Games, I know YOU'RE hot'n'a'biscuit to get up in that Metal Gear survive...

...amirite?

We don't talk about that ABOMINATION.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Silentpony said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Which one was Metal Gear survive? I don't remember playing that one.
It's the new one coming out.

Metal Gear: "With Kojima gone, we have no idea what to do so here's some fucking zombies" Survive

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/metal-gear-survive-requires-a-constant-internet-co/1100-6456151/
https://kotaku.com/metal-gear-survives-beta-is-fun-but-its-not-metal-gear-1822199974
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2018-metal-gear-survive-playstation-xbox-beta-analysis

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Avnger said:
Silentpony said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Which one was Metal Gear survive? I don't remember playing that one.
It's the new one coming out.

Metal Gear: "With Kojima gone, we have no idea what to do so here's some fucking zombies" Survive

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/metal-gear-survive-requires-a-constant-internet-co/1100-6456151/
https://kotaku.com/metal-gear-survives-beta-is-fun-but-its-not-metal-gear-1822199974
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2018-metal-gear-survive-playstation-xbox-beta-analysis
Oh jeez, more trend following?! That's terrible!