Poll: Binding of Isaac OST : Baranowsky vs Ridiculon

sushkis2

Apr 14, 2011
So Binding of Isaac just got remade...

The decision to completely remake the game so early was IMO very peculiar, but on the bright side, it now runs fantastic on my puny netbook, the gameplay and content is better than ever, but then there's the soundtrack...

I don't know why, but I just feel, that Danny Baranowsky's soundtrack just felt more fitting to the whole unsettling atmosphere of the game, but then I haven't heard the entirety of the new OST, and nevertheless, there are some kick ass tracks, like the challenge room track.

So what do you guys think?

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
I like the new soundtrack better for the most part (especially the new Cathedral track, which IMO is the best track in either version), but there are some cases (like the Arcade & the Secret room) where I prefer the original tracks.

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
Remake the game so early? Hasn't the original been out for like 3 years at this point?

Either way, when I first heard the new stuff, my reaction was very negative. It's grown on me since then, and the choral flourishes are nifty, but the original is one of my all time favorite soundtracks, so this is an easy vote for me.

nomotog_v1legacy

Jun 21, 2013
Launcelot111 said:
Remake the game so early? Hasn't the original been out for like 3 years at this point?

Either way, when I first heard the new stuff, my reaction was very negative. It's grown on me since then, and the choral flourishes are nifty, but the original is one of my all time favorite soundtracks, so this is an easy vote for me.
They like ran past the boundaries of their code. They couldn't add any more content without redoing the whole game in something other then flash.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
I like both, all the tracks work. But I definitely prefer the original more. I find most of it more melodic and more memorable. Just more iconic as a whole really.

ngl42398

May 19, 2011
Now this is an interesting question.
When Diptera Sonata was first revealed, I was hesitant. It sounded...different. Now, playing the game, I'm much more used to it. I can see why Edmund may have wanted a new OST, to go with the new graphical style. However, I still prefer the original Baranowsky pieces, and I hope someone makes a mod to restore them to the game.

RoguelikeMike

Nov 10, 2014
Well, I played over 300 hours of original Isaac. The music was good (and still is) but it seemed more like background noise after a while. I sort of just, muted it out. I find myself noticing Rebirth's music a lot more. I think it stands out more, and I like it a little bit more. I don't quite have 300 hours under my belt yet so I guess we'll see.

I started doing lets plays with rebirth, basically starting my youtube channel and its pretty exciting. The music becomes chaotic in the background when you fight certain bosses, I sometimes find myself stumbling with my commentary as the music really amps the excitement up.

Overall I think Rebirth is simply fantastic. Remakes or even sequels sometimes are really disappointing, but in this case I think pretty much everything is better with this game.

sushkis2

Apr 14, 2011
Now, I've unlocked the alternate stages, got to Sheol and generally heard the rest of it, I must say, the band who made the OST was definitely saving the best for the last.