Poll: Biological Augmentation or Cybernetics?

Araksardet

Jun 5, 2011
I have weird quasi-religious beliefs on this one. Biological augmentations are glorious perfections of the human animal. Cybernetics just make us half-arsed machines (albeit with cool flashy gizmos). Biogenetic augmentation wins any day.

Also, Luddites can die (once they've bullied us into being extra careful, that is).

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
Both...

Bioaugmentation for non-envasive speed, strength, longlivety, regeneration etc.

Cybernetics for human-technology interfaces, maybe eye-implants, some tricks here and there.

weker

May 27, 2009
I think this goes to show why cybernetics are great, I would love to live in a world like this. I think when it does happen however their is going to be such a gigantic culture creation.

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
Biological Augs.

For these reasons...

Biosophilogical said:
Probably biological. I guess it depends upon the extent of the enhancements. I mean, with cybernetics, you could live forever except that your brain would decay (and you couldn't replace your brain, because that is the same issue as cloning and killing the original). I'd go with biological, I mean, enhanced muscle mass, cardiovascular capacity, regenreative capabilities, degeneration-proof brain, etc. I mean, you could still be killed, but by strengthening your bones, muscles, organs, and your general capacity to heal, it would take a great deal of force to kill you, and with the regeneration and stuff you can live forever without your brain farting out on you.

GoldenFish

Jun 10, 2011
Biological
1) less obvious
2) easier to control/feel more natural
3) IM A WITCHER
4) can improve almost anything
5) possibly easier to suppress than cybernetic (ignore/don't use)
6) no need for power source only masses of food (can use away from civilisation)

that's all I got for now

Dark1Elder

May 16, 2011
i would go with Cybernetics, what exactly, i have no idea. but i would rather people do massive research into Biological Augmentation for one sole reason, and that being so something can go terribly wrong, a mutagen breaks quarantine and causes the Zombie Apocalypse. Cause killing zombies would be EPIC.

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
I'd want cybernetics. Three things:

1: Awesome Robot Arm, for smashing and breaking things recklessly. Like Ed Elric, or the Detective from i, Robot.

2: Robot Eye, for thermal vision and such. And also a laser maybe.

3: An implant on my brain to make me compatible with software. So I can plug into computers, basically.

maddness666

Apr 14, 2011
Which ever one means I'd live longest. If they're both at the top of their field I assume that means biological.

Also. Is it just me that thinks that the voice at the end of that advert sounds suspiciously like the voice in the Black Mesa transit system?

DethVanXan

Arch Inquisitor
Nov 23, 2009
Cybernetic all the way. I'd like the clean, sleeker Augs like in Human Revolution, but if I was only given the twisted, haphazardly pl;ugged in augs of, lets say The Strogg, I'd take that too.
With biological augs you run the risk of medical failures. The last thing I want to be told is that my newly grown third arm or whatever, has cancer. Though EMP would be a problem for cybernetics, its a lot less common than random medical mishaps.

alrekr

Mar 11, 2010
Cybernetics is the least likely to result in some horrible accidnet (Have you not seen what happened to Dr Mcoy, or Dr Jekyll). Also I am a rather big fan of Ghost in the Shell.

The downside to cybernetics I guess would be the maintance costs.

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
Neither, human augmentation is a bad idea- we understand too little about the human body and how it interact with the environment at large to start fucking with it.
But for arguements sake then it would have to be biological- still look human even if I no longer am.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Biological

Make me into a damn Spartan-II, but better. Throw in some heightened senses, eyeshine so I could see in the dark, regeneration, and anything else that'd help but I'm forgetting, and I'd be pretty tough to kill.

SuperVegas

Nov 20, 2009
I've wanted Robot arms for longer than i can remember.
I figure i have mostly under the skin modifications all geared towards being able to handle them,(ie. enhanced skin so it doesn't tear due to the weight/force, reinforced organs, brain implants to make them work) and just have shiny clunky robot arms.
Then i'll truly be happy.