Poll: Bioshock Infinite: Favorite Vigor

8bitmaster

Devourer of pie
Nov 9, 2009
Mine was undertow followed by shock jockey. Some dude far in front of you? Well hey look, now he's in melee range! I never realized how good it truly was until the snipers. Made things so much easier. Plus in the airship sections you could just push people off with it. Then there's shock jockey. I was just locking people down like no tomorrow. Plus if you undertow someone then shock jockey them, apparently it does more damage.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Bucking bronco probably, combined with the carbine and used as an impromtu grenade made for some immensely satisfying marksmanship.

Elegy of Fools

May 8, 2011
I did my first playthrough in 1999 mode. Early on Bucking Bronco was indispensably awesome - launch 'em up, take 'em down.

From the Siren on, however, Return to Sender was a god-send. I used it in both the shield form and the "charge and return" form a ton - and it made the difference for me in a lot of ridiculous fights.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
At the beginning and through to the middle part I used Possession and Murder of Crows.

After the middle part and all the way through to the end I used Return to sender (very useful when fully upgraded) and Devil's Kiss (also fully upgraded) for area of effect on clumped enemies.

Gethsemani_v1legacy

Oct 1, 2009
Bucking Bronco got me through most of the game. Partially I loved it due to being hilariously terrible at FPS games on the PS3 and Bucking Bronco gave me some time to line up my shots, but it was also that much fun to launch people up and then lob Devil's Kiss at them.

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
Bleidd Whitefalcon said:
My favorite was Undertow. Some asshat on a roof sniping you? Just pull him down and blast him in the face with a shotgun. Issue solved :D
Holy shit. I hadn't even thought of that. The snipers annoy me so much, too.

OT: Yeah, no, Murder of Crows is just too awesome.

Jolly Co-operator

A Heavy Sword
Mar 10, 2012
Bucking Bronco, definitely. It's so satisfying to send six enemies floating helplessly in the air with a well aimed blast, and then dispatching them all with the Hand Cannon.

An honorable mention goes to Return to Sender, because of how helpful it was when fighting Iron Patriots, or trying to advance on groups of firing enemies.

jcfrommars9

Feb 22, 2013
My favorite was Possession. Once I properly upgraded it, all I had to was aim it at the toughest enemy. And having human possession victims kill themselves after the effects wore off was a real plus. In some of the smaller fights I didn't even have to fire a shot. My second favorite is a tie between Murder of Crows, Shock Jockey and Bucking Bronco especially when upgraded. Murder of Crows turning victims into traps made the Sirens level very easy and a perfect backup when I was experimenting with other Vigors. Shock Jockey was another perfect backup. Once I was able to start chaining enemies with it I was practically unstoppable and it was very useful against the Crow, Iron Patriots and the Handymen. Shock Jockey and a Repeater at the gears made the Iron Patriots child's play. With the Handyman, you have to trap him. I don't mean a Vigor trap necessarily, I mean a corner that he can't get out of. One of Elizabeth's "tear" automatons directed at him is also highly efficient. I trapped one between a "tear" rocket automaton and a wall with a full supply of Shock Jockey (though Murder of Crows will work also) and a machine gun at his heart. Handyman didn't stand a chance. Bucking Bronco was fish in a barrel, particularly with a shotgun. Made quick work of enemies and when the Firemen got annoying, that's what I went with.

Get_A_Grip_

May 9, 2010
Personally I love the combination of Shock Jockey and Murder of Crows.

Whats worse than getting pecked to death by crows? Getting pecked to death by electrified crows!

Bucking Bronco was handy when I needed to get a clear shot at enemies.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
A combination of Shock Jockey, Murder of Crows, Bucking Bronco and Undertow. I know that's half of them, but still. They were just so good.

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
It's a tie between Murder of Crows and Shock Jockey, though I've really been abusing the Shock Jockey vigor. Using both is also acceptable,...and fun!

To be honest, I stopped using 'Possession' on human enemies after the first time I saw an officer cry about how he couldn't control himself and then blew his own brains out with a pistol. It actually really disturbed me, more than throwing crows at people and frying them with electricity. Between 'Possession' and Quantum Mechanics - I had some rough dreams that night.

jetriot

Sep 9, 2011
There are pants(or some clothing item) that spread the effect of crows, lightening or bucking bronco to enemies within 100 yards or something when a person suffering from one of those dies. So crow someone, kill them, everyone is crowed and everyone I kill drops a crow mine and before you know it there are crows all over the fucking place and everyone is screaming in terror.

Later on I got another piece of clothing that had a 30% chance to hit everyone nearby with lightening when I killed someone. This created even more stunned, crowed and dead people. I felt like the embodiment of death, weaker against machines but man fell before me like flies.

Gage Kent

Apr 1, 2013
Tough decision. I have to say I like all of the vigors except for charge; I prefer to keep my distance.

Possession is helpful because you can possess turrets to do all of the work OR you can possess the most powerful enemy in a group and watch him rip everyone else to shreds. (Anyone else pit two Patriots against one another?)

Shock Jockey is very powerful once you get the chain lightning upgrade, or if you already have the special hat that gives you the same ability.

Murder of Crows, as a couple of people have already noted, is pretty sweet once the corpses are crow traps, plus it is a great tool to buy you some time if you need to wait until your shield recharges, grab a weapon, heal yourself, etc.

Return to Sender works perfectly against the guys with the rocket launchers, the Motorized Patriots, and the Firemen.

Devil's Kiss is helpful in almost any situation, but I use it mainly to set traps.

Bucking Bronco is really cool for starting a combo attack: Bronco + Undertow (tap) to push people to their death; Bronco + Charge to completely destroy someone; Bronco + Devil's Kiss for a human fireball!

Undertow is amazing. Unfortunately, I realized that a little too late in my first playthrough. It is so versatile. You can push people to their doom, grab pesky snipers/long ranged enemies, or do the very OP Undertow + Shock Jockey combo.

itsthesheppy

Mar 28, 2012
Murder of Crows, where enemies are killed and leave crow traps is just more bang for your salt buck. No doubt about it. I never even used the water one.

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
I enjoy Bucking Bronco and Undertow. Both comes quite in handy when facing those damn armored enemies. Return to Sender is pretty useful, too, when under heavy fire. I also enjoy Possession.

Di-Dorval

Jan 11, 2012
Devil Kiss hits like a truck on enemies so it ended up being the main power I used killing whole groups of enemies in only one blast).. I used Crow/bronco to stun tougher enemies from time to time and charge is a lot of fun with the invincibility window upgrade + the health sucking clothe.

But I keept switching never really using an optimal way I mean with PC hotkeys you can experiment.. Return to sender was fun too but I found the damage to be very low being one of the power using the most mana.

Possession just felt cheap so I ended up only using it to get money from machine or on some annoying turrets.

bastardofmelbourne

Dec 11, 2012
My favourite was Return to Sender. My most used was easily Possession, however. It's by far and away the most useful.

My default "damage" ability in the first playthrough was Murder of Crows because of its ability to leave crow traps on people it kills, but on my second playthrough I'm using Shock Jockey instead because I found out it can stun Patriots long enough to get behind them. A few shots from the hand cannon in the back will kill a Patriot, I've found.

I'm actually quite surprised at the variance of responses here. It seems like Irrational did a better job of balancing the vigors than I thought.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Charge or Bucking Bronco. Charge really only works as a last-ditch move while weapons are reloading, or as a free health revenue with the Bloodlust (health on melee hit) gear.

I'll go with Bucking Bronco, because it just works. Toss them in the air, quickly headshot them with Bird's Eye or Handcannon, bring them all down with the Heater or RPG, or spin them around and destroy them with the Repeater, and do it again because it costs pittance salts, because it just works.

And Murder of Crows won? I thought it was a pretty sucky vigor. It effected a huge area and it stunned them, but I never got an actual kill out of it, and it hardly works against bigger enemies like Firemen and Motorized Patriots. And even still - it's never as though killing the cannon fodder enemies provided any challenge. Bucking Bronce at least uses less salts for the same area of effect, and it stuns them longer.