Poll: BioShock: Infinite... will you buy it?

Ailia

Nov 11, 2010
At a recent gaming convention in my area, BioShock: Infinite was voted most anticipated game; almost every person in the room said that they'd either pre-order it or buy it on the first day of release.

Based on Irrational's past games and the clips and information we've seen so far, are you planning on buying it? Waiting until more info is released to form an opinion? Or planning to flat-out ignore it and its hype as much as possible?

Edit: To clarify: This is a question for at this moment. A "has what's been released so far enough to grab your attention?" kind of deal. Yes, it's early, but I know some people who are really excited for this game already.
And I forgot to answer my own question, oops. I enjoyed the first game immensly and the second as well (though to a lesser degree), and I've been a fan of Ken Levine since Thief: TDP, so I'm pre-ordering it.

Sandytimeman

Brain Freeze...yay!
Jan 14, 2011
Oh hell yes I am buying. The Trailer looks amazing, it looks more like all the work we were expecting from Bioshock 2 is in this one. I can't wait!

Vault boy Eddie

Feb 18, 2009
I was already into bioshock since I bought both in a steam sale, and when I saw the gameplay footage shown a few months ago, I needed no more convincing, the game looks amazing.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to ignore the hype and buy it when it's released.

That's the tactic I take with any big name game now. Tends to work well.

ArcWinter

May 9, 2009
Yes.

It's pretty simple.

except probably not for some of my friends who dont think it will be good because it isnt set in rapture but what are they even

Netrigan

Sep 29, 2010
This very likely joins the ranks of the handful of games I buy at full price. Probably not a pre-order unless there's a really good demo that comes out before its release; but assuming the reviews don't indicate a major drop in quality, it's a purchase.

Fenring

Sep 5, 2008
I'll buy it eventually, but only I'll buy it for more if they actually get some good shooting in it, you can't break the game by using the spawn system, and it doesn't go to shit at the end.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I won't until I play the first two, which also probably won't happen.

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
This is a really stupid thread. This is a game that nobody has played and is still in either early beta or alpha. We can't possibly know is we want it yet from the small mouthfull of content we have seen and some concept info.

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
Based on what's been released so far? Pre-order. Bioshock is in my top 3 games of this gen and I thoroughly enjoyed Bioshock 2 as well, despite it's weak story and Infinite looks gorgeous and very interesting so far

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
Don't plan on it.
Bioshock 1 was incredibly mediocre and boring and Bioshock 2 was just a downgrade of a mediocre game, so I have no interest in Infinite.

Ice Car

Jan 30, 2011
I plan on buying it. I enjoyed both Bioshocks, don't see why I shouldn't get this one.

amoamaremetallum

Nov 28, 2010
My problem with the past bioshocks are that they looked very unfriendly in the terms of new people wanting to play, and infiinite looks like it's very inviting at first. I'd want to see if it's good, and maybe if I had the money, then yes, I might get it.

CobraX

Jul 4, 2010
Bioshock 1 and 2 where amazing so I'm 100% preordering Infinite. Although I'm not quite sure what I think about the new settings.

samjc3

Feb 8, 2011
First Bioshock is one of my favorite games ever. And same dev is making Infinite, not some lesser dev cashing in. So yes. Will be preordering.

varulfic

Jul 12, 2008
Wasn't that impressed with Bioshock. Probably hype backlash. Anyway, I won't buy it.

Mallefunction

Feb 17, 2011
I hated Bioshock 2 (huge fan of the first game) so I don't have high hopes for this one...but I'll probably get it on sale and sell it back if it's junk.

Ailia

Nov 11, 2010
Mr Companion said:
This is a really stupid thread. This is a game that nobody has played and is still in either early beta or alpha. We can't possibly know is we want it yet from the small mouthfull of content we have seen and some concept info.
I made this thread to see if the opinion shared at the game convention I went to was shared by Escapists; that's why I asked, based on Irrational's history of games and the info we've been given, are people prepared to invest in it at this moment. Considering that the 300+ people who were in the room when the BioShock booth asked this question wanted to pre-order or buy it first day, I'd say enough has been released so far to attract attention.