Poll: Black Ops or BC:2

GunstarHero

Mar 19, 2010
Ok, I've made it a point around here a few times that I like Black Ops' MP.

After an afternoon of running around in a squad with my brother and his flatmate on Bad Company 2, reviving, sniping, tanking, hoppin' in a chopper and many other things, I'd like to retract my statement.

Black Ops is populated by 'noXxBKillAXxX12' tags, campers and children.

BC:2 is not perfect, but by hell.. It's the most fun I've had online in a long time.

So, which do you prefer? And why?

k3v1n

Sep 7, 2008
I preffer Bad Company over Blops for the same reason you do, aand because it's more tactical and it's environments are destructible.

GunstarHero

Mar 19, 2010
Kasurami said:
Bad Company 2.

For one, that game is so much more fun with friends. The team mechanics are far more ingrained and working with a four-person squad with differing classes is an absurd amount of fun. Also, I suck at Call of Duty multiplayer. So very, very hard.
I don't even think I'd call it hard, just utterly broken. I can destroy teams of people in BC2, but in Black Ops, I get steamrolled (usually from behind, where someone has spawn camped). And those damned tiny maps..

GunstarHero

Mar 19, 2010
lobster1077 said:
Black Ops...Those campers...those horrible, horrible campers
Hey, it takes a lot of skill to.. Nah, I can't even joke.

I think it's the only game where tourettes is a plus. I've been certain I had the first shot off countless times, but every time they've apparently twitch-fired long before I had.

Nannernade

May 18, 2009
I have BC2 but I've never been able to get on it and I've just been used to COD all my life. It does get very boring and frustrating when I'm just playing with random idiots. But when I play with my friends we have an amazing time cracking jokes, and telling our great kills, nothing against BC2.

GunstarHero

Mar 19, 2010
Kasurami said:
Oh I didn't mean difficulty-wise, I meant that I suck at it very hard.

... I think it's a lot more on the side that I'm simply not very good at it
Hmm, I don't know you, nor have I ever gamed with you, but I can safely say that's not a reflection on you. A good house will never be built with icing-sugar mortar, and a fun gaming session will never be had with a game so stuffed with flaws.

GunstarHero

Mar 19, 2010
Nannernade said:
I have BC2 but I've never been able to get on it and I've just been used to COD all my life. It does get very boring and frustrating when I'm just playing with random idiots. But when I play with my friends we have an amazing time cracking jokes, and telling our great kills, nothing against BC2.
That's fair enough, you're more than welcome to share your opinion! I'd bet it would be a lot more fun with a whole bunch of friends, most things are. I guess I don't have a big enough list to fill out a whole game, but the 4-man squad style of BC2 is a lot more party-friendly.

Drummie666

Jan 1, 2011
To me, BC 2 is only bogged down because the attacking team in Rush never... does anything. They just sit there, going for kills. So, I get really bored on defence and really angry on offence because I'm always the only one trying to make my way to the objective. But, it's really, REALLY damn good on all other standpoints.

I got loaned Black Ops for a day and here's my opinion. It sucks. Singleplayer and Zombies get thrown out the window instantly because... again... YOU CAN'T TURN THE FUCKING AIM ASSIST OFF.

Then there's the multiplayer, you CAN turn the aim assist off here, so I've no idea why you aren't allowed to anywhere else. The multiplayer just doesn't have the variety that MW2 had. In both maps and ways to play the game.

So yeah, I'd say pick up BC:2. Especially since you have friends you can play with. Having friends play with you cancels out the effects that the rest of the twats playing the game have on it.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
If you have to pick one, BC2.

If it was me, id just save the money for something else.

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
HalfChance said:
BC2 for the single player campaign.

B-Ops for the multiplayer
You're joking right? No really, I'm asking you a serious question.

HalfChance

Apr 5, 2011
Zer_ said:
HalfChance said:
BC2 for the single player campaign.

B-Ops for the multiplayer
You're joking right? No really, I'm asking you a serious question.
Haha, Not joking in the slightest, The Campaign in BC2 is probably one the the best FPS experiances I've ever had, I just didn't enjoy the multi-player that much. Meh, Horses for courses I suppose.