Poll: Black Ops or Modern Warfare?

Crazy

Oct 4, 2011
Which if these two Call of Duty games (including Modern Warfares one through three and Black Ops one and two) do you prefer? Do you like the (subjectively) fun multiplayer of Modern Warfare, or do you enjoy the suspense of zombie mode from Black Ops?Please note that WaW is not a legitimate choice.

I personally enjoy Black Ops solely due to the zombie mode. If it weren't for this neat little addition, I'd probably have stopped playing CoD long before the second Black Ops came out. So, my little Escapists, which of these two would you rather play?

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
I remember a few years ago when versus threads got tons of naysayers in them...

OT: I like both, but I'd prefer Blops for ZEMBIE and the second one for the futuristic tech its got.

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
I like Black Ops. For some reason, there's a whole load less of douchebaggery going on multiplayer, and I just really like zombies. Also, Modern Warfare felt the same after the first. Not so with Black Ops.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
I don't think it's a terribly fair question for I would guess most CoD fans (like myself) are going to state the new one because...well...it's the one everyone is playing. Maybe I'm wrong so time will tell...

If that sentence didn't give it away, I'm voting Black Ops. Treyarch seems to be the one willing to shake up the formula to get something brand new much more than Infinity Ward ever was (game-play-wise that is; obviously the setting was IW's big thing).

Infinity Ward did the big jump but I think Treyarch did a much better job at refining the work IW started.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
I'd say "FUCK THAT" and go play either Call of Duty 2 or Call of Duty 4, both awesome games compared to the newer titles >.>

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009
Dear Princess Trollestia:

I prefer Black Ops. Why? Because I don't feel that Treyarch are doing their absolute damnedest to make up for a shitty story with shock value. Black Ops, although has a relatively boring story, bothers to change up stuff up once in a while. That's all I have to say.

Sincerely, Rarity.

aguspal

Aug 19, 2012
Modern Warfare, because is the series that has MW2, the first COD I have ever played and IMO, easily the best one overall.

THe others arent really bad either... But MW2 will always have a place in my gaming heaven, in its own, weird way. LOL.

Sep 14, 2009
modern warfare 1 was the only one i really actually liked, otherwise BLOPS2 isn't bad, i haven't seen too many cheese strategies yet or anything equivalent to teleporting knife douchers or dual wielding shotgun dicksnorters, mw2 killed the series for me and mw3 was just as bad.

Dead Seerius

Feb 4, 2012
Black Ops, definitely. As much praise as I hear for CoD 4, I was late to the party and missed the glory days of that game. When I borrowed it from a friend, most people online were modders.

MW2 was fun but had too many exploitable multiplayer tactics which often resulted in a match-ending nuke. Not fun in that regard.

BO has, in my opinion, the most well-balanced MP of any CoD to date. Zombies was great. The campaign was actually interesting.

MW3 was horrible. Most of the MP maps were generic and monochrome. Spawns were atrocious (at least as of February of last year, when I gave up on the game for good.) I did like Spec Ops though.

BO2 is another step in the right direction. Not as great as BO1 to me, but the attempt at innovation gives me hope for Treyarch. Zombies is different this time around but is still a lot of fun to play.
Plus, the campaign villain actually has a personality other than 'Boy am I evil. Let's kill some Westerners because, why not? Now join me in a diabolical laugh.'

Gottesstrafe

Oct 23, 2010
Black Ops, specifically the first one. I liked the variety in maps and weapons (i.e. gratuitous weapons attachments like the flamethrower or being able to dual wield more than just pistols) and I feel the multiplayer was more balanced than the MW iterations. I'd really like to stress the variety in maps though, that is by far some of the best I've seen in the more recent CoD games. Plus, it gave us back multiplayer split-screen as well as wager matches.

Anget Colslaw

Jul 26, 2012
Well Call of Duty 4 but I missed the multiplayer days so Black Ops. Online was no where near as bad as the shit storm that was MW2 and MW3.

The Nossa

Jan 25, 2011
If there was a section for cod 4 alone without the other two, I would have voted for it.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
I have only played COD4 so I can't say. I was interested in BLOPS with the inclusion of Zork but they never fixed the bloody mess of a port on PC. I thought Modern Warfare 1 was an excellent if nihlistic look at quasi-faschist war criminals that ended on a suitably downbeat note. Apparently I gave the creators too much credit.

I prefer Battlefield for multi-player. Give me tanks and teamwork please.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
The only, and I mean only, redeeming quality of the Black Ops series is zombies. I personally don't enjoy zombies. It's boring and repetitive in my opinion. CoD4 and MW2 multiplayer are SO FAR ahead of BO/BO2 that it's not even really a debate. Maps are better, less lag, faster paced gameplay. They're just demonstrably, objectively better.

I do agree that MW3 was a pile of shit though.