Poll: BOOKS!!!

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
You read them?

BTW, by "books" I mean at least 100 pages without pictures...
Just wondering how many Escapists read...

Other Topic: What are some good books?

zombiejoe

Sep 2, 2009
every once in a while.

A good book I would say is Hatchet. It's about a boy who is trapped in the Canadian wilderness.

Another good book is To Kill a Mockingbird. But I bet most people have read it.

Haroun and the sea of stories is also good. Made by that guy who got a lot of controversy for the Satanic Verses.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
I love me some books. I currently have SIX in the process of being read. Stephen Fry's Autobiography, War of the Worlds, Alice in Wonderland, Nineteen Eighty Four, Dracula, and Stephen King's "Under the Dome".

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
Oh yeah, have about 40 in my personal collection I have read just about all but one or two of them. My favorite novels are probably Brave New World, Gone With the Wind, and The Bear and the Dragon.

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
Without pictures? I think graphic novels should be classed as books (cos they are books). But anyway yeah, I enjoy me a good book (My favourite series being His Dark Materials and my favourite author being Dean Koontz)

Hawk of Battle

Feb 28, 2009
I go through phases where I will read heavily, then not read anything for months at a time. Currently I'm in read mode and have been getting through a shit ton of 40k novels. Since september I've read the entire Gaunts Ghosts series, Grey Knights, Soul Drinkers, Eisenhorn, Ciaphas Cain (first omnibus), and just about finished the first Space Wolf Omnibus. Still got the 2nd ominbuses of both Space Wolves and Ciaphas, then Ravennor and then Titanicus to get through once I'm done with this one too.

Then it's either on to the Horus Heresy series or some more Abnett (I'm thinking either Double Eagle or Iron Snakes, probably both).

Hader

Jul 7, 2010
Occasionally. It takes me a while to read a book, not necessarily out of laziness but I forget about it sometimes. Been re-reading The Odyssey and have only gotten 4 chapters in 2 weeks. Also starting the Mass Effect books soon too.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
ThatLankyBastard said:
BTW, by "books" I mean at least 100 pages without pictures...
The books I read are 500+ pages and pictures are on every third page. They are chess books. Do they count?

agentironman

Sep 22, 2009
So far this year I have managed to read 92 books really want to hit 95 but the current book is Hamilton's Fallen Dragon well over 800pages so doubt it is going to happen.

smurf_you

Jun 1, 2010
I read almost all the time, been slowing down recently due to stress, but no one wants to hear about that lol but I usually read Stephen King, the man reminds me that life could be much much worse :)

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
I read when someone recommends something good, but I don't carry one around for spare time or anything.

Aug 25, 2009
100 pages without pictures~? Man you have some pretty stringent guidelines.

Jk, but maybe just say 'Novels.'

Anywho, not relevant, on topic I love books, read 'em all the time, write them quite often as well

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
ThatLankyBastard said:
You read them?
Yep, I usually read before I go to sleep. Helps tire my eyes out so that I feel more tired myself.

OT: By some strange coincidence your username is one of the ways my friends sometimes describe me.

Timewave Zero

Apr 1, 2009
H.P. Lovecraft, son.
And I mean the really obscure, shitty Dreamland stuff and all of his collaborations.
Hell yeah.

Also, Harry Harrison's 'Deathworld Trilogy' and frickin' anything by Robert E. Howard.

There's a ton of others, but there all in another room on my awkward bookshelf, and I don't want to leave the comfort of my computer chair for them...I know one is called 'The Lurkers' and another is called 'The Black Tattoo'.