Poll: Borderlands 2: Manufacturer discussion

Jynthor

Mar 30, 2012
I only just started playing Borderlands 2 so I don't know exactly what the differences are between the manufacturers. But so far I'm liking Maliwan because I'm playing as Maya. The Incendiary Sniper Rifle is a thing of beauty.

Save us.A7X

Apr 15, 2009
Denamic said:
Save us.A7X said:
Playing as Zero so Jakobs has been my go to company for my sniper at least.
Actually, I find Hyperion sniper rifles to be much better for a dedicated sniper.
The initial sway is annoying, yes, but there's practically no recoil. In fact, when you shoot, the camera just vibrates a bit, but the cross-hair stays dead on target. It's fantastic for lining up multiple crits quickly.
Additionally, accuracy increasing effects, like from skills or badass ranks, reduces the initial sway.
Finally picked up a decent Hyperion sniper and I can kinda see what you mean, Hyperion is definitely more accurate. Not sure though I think I still prefer Jakobs if only for the slightly higher rate of fire, who knows though, it seems to be growing on me.

Ravinoff

Elite Member
Legacy
May 31, 2012
Country
Canada
Jakobs. Always Jakobs. Best sniper rifles, bar none. They make some really nice ARs too, as well as revolvers. Dahl and Tediore I'm not too big on, mostly because they don't really excel at anything. Hyperion are...eh. I don't do nearly enough sustained shooting to make real use of them, but the Hyperion sniper rifle you get for doing the bandit-killing contract is hilarious. I tend to be fairly indifferent on Maliwan stuff, don't use elemental damage unless it's absolutely necessary.

As an added bonus, Jakobs guns look the best, too. Maliwan looks like they were designed by Apple, the checkered pattern on Torgue just looks weird. Dahl camo swings between decent and hideous, and the patterns on Tediore guns can be a bit eye-searing.

Ix Rebound

Jan 10, 2012
Radelaide said:
Most of my guns are Tediore. The fact they explode on reload is so handy! I do also have a Jackobs pistol that has 226 dam and 100% melee damage. Don't really go wrong.
i loved that gun!
too bad I accidentally sold it -_-