Poll: Bullies get bullied?

Duskwaith

Sep 20, 2008
Everyone knows of the sad case of Pheobe Prince's suicide after relentless bullying from girls in her year.

It seems the trolls have came out in force against them.

http://www.salon.com/life/teenagers/index.html?story=/mwt/broadsheet/2010/04/08/phoebe_prince_bullies_get_bullied

Question is, is it right to bully them back or are people just lowering themselves to their standards?

I say they deserve it myself.

Sleekgiant

Redlin5 made my title :c
Jan 21, 2010
Can't say I would feel sorry for a bully getting a taste of his own medicine.

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
Fuck it, bully them back.

If they bullied somebody to the point of suicide, then there pretty much past the point of redemption.

And yes, i realise this isin't entirely true, but still...

snide_cake

Nov 29, 2009
Well it'd give them some insight and compassion into what it feels like to be the victim.

On the other hand maybe they're already a victim of it at home or elsewhere and they feel the only way they can gain control of the situation and not feel so helpless is to bully someone else.

It's too complicated, I feel, to be rectified so easily with the 'you bullied so now you get bullied' eye for an eye method.

Camembert

Oct 21, 2009
Urgh. People who bully others deserve whatever punishment they get. They are disgusting. However, teenagers often do things that they later learn to regret (I am pretty much a different person from the one I was ten years ago, for example), so they should not necessarily have to bear the hatred for the rest of their lives.

Pifflestick

Jun 10, 2008
They shouldn't be bullied. They should be f***ing SHUNNED. They're friends should f***ing abandon them and people should avoid them like the f***ing plague. Yeah, I know, its not nice and they may have problems elsewhere but f*** you. If you have the fucking gall to bully someone to the point that they f***ing kill themselves then I don't care HOW your family life is, you are a waste of flesh. I'm not going to show them any sort of sympathy or justice, cause they didn't show any to the person they bullied, so f*** em'.

Jul 23, 2008
As a former bully myself (long story short, parents' divorce fucked me up. didn't know how to deal with it blah blah blah, no excuse). And having been on the receiving end as well. I believe that nobody should be subject to the emotional and physical turmoil that is called bullying.

Triple AD

Apr 1, 2009
I think the acceptable thing is to punish those once but in a manner that they will never want to bully again like talking to the Bullied kid's family or show them a very "emotional" video on the effects of this all.

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" Also don't quote me on this as I just included it so that people get the problems with bullying... If you disagree with this then ok thats you're opinion just don't take it out on me :p

Berithil

Maintenence Man of the Universe
Mar 19, 2009
If you bully someone, be ready to accept the consequences. I'm not saying that gives the right for others to "bully" them back, but sooner or later, they'll get their comeuppance.

But of course, revenge does taste sweet....

Kiriona

Apr 8, 2010
You know, as much as we all hate trolls, sometimes, when their crap is directed in the right direction, you can't help but cheer for them. (Then again, I feel I have more reason to hate them because I myself am Irish...)

I have absolutely no sympathy for them. They deserve worse, especially if they have the gall to enter not guilty pleas. Let them get a nice big gulp of their own shit.

Divine Miss Bee

Feb 16, 2010
it may not be "right," but it feels good to do it and some sense of justice is satisfied. though it isn't their fault that this poor girl killed herself (nobody can make a person kill himself if he isn't already unstable), they deserve some of their own medicine for being such giant douchebags.

HSIAMetalKing

Jan 2, 2008
The bullies in question have to deal with the psychological baggage of knowing that they were such mean people to another human being that they drove a girl to hang herself. I would probably kill myself at that point.

Red Right Hand

Squatter
Feb 23, 2009
What do you suggest otherwise though? I can't really see a more effective way, and they definitely do deserve it, so therefore it should be done to them. I can't see any other way. Also, if we don't let them see just how horrifying it is to be bullied then they'll continue to bully others. Some people don't actually realise how bad it is to be bullied. Obviously it shouldn't be continued over a number of months or years but just enough to let them know how bad it is.

DividedUnity

Oct 19, 2009
Just being bullied is getting off lightly. They knew exactly what they were doing to that poor girl and now they are trying to plead innocent. If theres one thing that digusts me in tis world its people like them. Before I go overboard on the rage I just want to say I hope they all get a life sentence in prison. We need to make an example so this never happens again. Im not sayin this is the first time this has happened either its just the first time people have bothered to pay attention