Poll: Call of Duty: Black Ops... Prices?!

Aphex Demon

Aug 23, 2010
bahumat42 said:
AfterAscon said:
I don't really see £50 as too much for a game because that's what all N64 games were. I tend to buy all my games from stores, such as Game, and it's very rare for a game to be priced at £50. However, if I do see a game at that pricepoit I'll probably go elsewhere since I know I can get it cheaper (where I live there are 2 GAMEs, a gamestation, a HMV and a large Tescos all within a 500ft radius).

Anyway, I'm waiting for a price war between the supermarkets tomorrow where I should be able to pick Black Ops dirt cheap.
im fairly certain that generations (of consoles) Games were around 30 quid (i remember because it was 2 weeks of paper round work) ^^
£15 a week for a paper round, those were the days. I fucking hated my paper round.

Engarde

Jul 24, 2010
I heard of a friend planning on getting a CD-Key for use in steam for $45 Australian. Which is rather amazing value, though I do not know how that turned out...

__Anarchy__

Sep 17, 2009
Milky_Fresh said:
You are lucky as hell. $120 at local shop here in Australia. FYI that's about $110 american.
Yea bro $130 (i think) for the hardened edidtion at EB games, im still gunna pay it but im not going to be happy about it -_-

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Ephraim J. Witchwood said:
$80? DAMN, that's what I paid for hardened. Over here in the US, the prices are no more than the industry standard or $60 for the basic, $70-$80 for the limited, and $100+ for the all-out fanboy editions.
Same here, I got the Harden from Amazon for $80.

Aphex Demon

Aug 23, 2010
Newer releases costs about 80 to 90 bucks, with importing and whatnot, so it's hard to afford many new releases, I got mostly bundles.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
its price tag is the only reason im hesitant to buy it. Damn near got burned on Cod6 if i didnt buy the console version of it.

This one i was considering the PC version...but Sorry activision you don't have an excuse for making it $60 on PC all of a sudden.

Calico93

Jul 31, 2010
Ive preordered mine from amazon for £40 and thats the cheapest I could find it.

Aphex Demon said:
(Funny thing was, both managers of Gamestation from Newcastle and Stafford were in the bottom of the shop talking to the manager of this 'independent franchise', So I was subtly prompted to go exit the store on the other side, haha.
GAH Im from staffordshire too ! Why didnt I hear about this 'independant franchise' ! haha
Still, enjoy your day early game ! =D

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Oh, quit yer whining.

In Australia it's $90 for the PC version.

TheRealCJ

Mar 28, 2009
Well, I'm paying a hundred dollars Australian for it, but that's just because I'm an idiot and was suckered into pre-ordering it by some shiny cans of energy drink. Doh well.

I console myself with the fact that I'm paying a good 20% less than what the poor, poor consolescrubs are paying.

LightningBanks

Apr 15, 2009
DTWolfwood said:
its price tag is the only reason im hesitant to buy it. Damn near got burned on Cod6 if i didnt buy the console version of it.

This one i was considering the PC version...but Sorry activision you don't have an excuse for making it $60 on PC all of a sudden.
Steam?

On the topic of steam, its £40 on there atm, and it can be pre loaded, ready to play at midnight

OT: I Think its way too overpriced, especially for whats on the disc. The campaign will probably be fairly short-medium in length, and about 10 maps doesent take up much space.

I think we should find a way to either RRP games based on amount of content actually on the disc, or how well it gets reviewd. But the latter would proabbly make black ops more expenisve

Im quite confused on black ops. I want to get it for the campaign and to see if they have managed to improved the multiplayer, as well as try out dem wager battle things, but I doubt Ill play it for that long

Kevonovitch

Apr 15, 2009
honestly, any game costing more than 40$ is a rip off, especially mmo's. mmo's should be brand new, right off the shelves at 20$+atleast the 1 month free gametime. but thats just my opinion, and i'd go on ranting and ranting, but i'm not done my reaserch into the economy, and i dont have enough info on how much games could cost right out the door, and still make a profit. so far, it's looking to be alot less than 50-60$ especially since lower price=more people it's available to earlier, and more people looking for lower prices would be interested.

possibly less profit out the door, but greater possibility of more, ALOT more, but anywas....another day.

ParkourMcGhee

Jan 4, 2008
I don't even bother to buy games as soon as they're released anymore. They're just too damn expensive. I boycott this by going to a game reseller :).

It would be nice though if developers started selling their own games or putting them up for donation prices - they'd make more.

Aphex Demon

Aug 23, 2010
Calico93 said:
Ive preordered mine from amazon for £40 and thats the cheapest I could find it.

Aphex Demon said:
(Funny thing was, both managers of Gamestation from Newcastle and Stafford were in the bottom of the shop talking to the manager of this 'independent franchise', So I was subtly prompted to go exit the store on the other side, haha.
GAH Im from staffordshire too ! Why didnt I hear about this 'independant franchise' ! haha
Still, enjoy your day early game ! =D
Its Discs and Disks, to be 'precise'.

AfterAscon

Tilting at WHARRGARBL
Nov 29, 2007
bahumat42 said:
AfterAscon said:
I don't really see £50 as too much for a game because that's what all N64 games were. I tend to buy all my games from stores, such as Game, and it's very rare for a game to be priced at £50. However, if I do see a game at that pricepoit I'll probably go elsewhere since I know I can get it cheaper (where I live there are 2 GAMEs, a gamestation, a HMV and a large Tescos all within a 500ft radius).

Anyway, I'm waiting for a price war between the supermarkets tomorrow where I should be able to pick Black Ops dirt cheap.

im fairly certain that generations (of consoles) Games were around 30 quid (i remember because it was 2 weeks of paper round work) ^^
Playstation games were dirt cheap in comparison thanks to sony adopting CDs over cartridges. I also just did a quick search and, according to wikipedia (>.<), N64 games, at launch, were released at £55.

There was also an news article on the Escapist that showed, taking into account inflation rates, games are actually cheaper than they used to be.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/for...-Dont-Cost-You-As-Much-As-They-Used-To?page=1

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
Thats too high for me. I really cant afford brand new games these days anyway- so I usually find myself waiting for the prices to go down on a game before I buy. The only exception I made for this was when I bought Mass Effect 2 the day after it came out. I had just finished Mass Effect and needed more!

But if there was ever a game for $80, even if I did get it ahead of time or something, still too much- since when it comes down to it, I can always wait.

zombiesinc

One day, we'll wake the zombies
Mar 29, 2010
My regular copy of Black Ops will cost me $65, plus shipping. You paying $80 for the regular edition sucks. :/