Poll: Calling a girl (or guy)

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
So I was at Warped Tour yesterday with my friends and the last "big" show was Sum 41 so virtually everybody was watching them. Since we got to there stage late we were at the back, I tagged along with this group of people since they were pushing to the front. At the very back of the people train was this pretty cute girl, we kinda flirted and talked as everyone was pushing through.

Fast forward to the start of the set list, the entire crowd just shoves forward and an absolute fuck ton of people start crowd surfing. So since I'm taller than everyone and somewhat strong looking people and near the front I (along with some other guys) have become the people in charge of advancing surfers. The girl is right next to me and like most people she's getting knocked around quite a bit. So every now and then I'd would catch her if she was falling, or I would duck her head to avoid someones foot. After the concert she tells her friend I was her "savior" and her "best friend" and then kinda leaves. I find my friend and as we're looking for our other friend she comes up and tries to write her number on me with a marker, it didn't work but I gave her my phone and she put it in that instead.

Now, this is something I've never dealt with before. Any girl's number I have/had I've always somewhat knew beforehand but I've never asked a random girl for her number. So I'm pretty sure I'm gonna call her but I don't know how long to wait. About the only thing I do know is not the night she gives it to you and my friends say I shouldn't text her.

So Escapists, got any advice for me?

child of lileth

The Norway Italian
Jun 10, 2009
Why not just call the next day or something? I really never got the wait so long rule. As long as you don't call immediately. That would just seem desperate and maybe a little creepy.

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
I'd give it a day, call on the second. I think a better approach would probably be to get a little friendlier first, probably by text. I don't see why your friends suggested you don't. Just drop in a quick 'Hey, how you doing' or 'How have you been'. Get to know her a bit, build that friendship.

Rarhnor

Jun 2, 2010
1-2 days or so.
Give her some breathing room to think through, some of the stuff that happened (incl. you).

Oh!..and good luck with her :)

Skullpanda

Jun 12, 2009
Next day..? Sometime soon enough to show interest without desperation?

I've never just gotten a phone number (well, before the fun happened, anyhow), so I'm probably not the best for advice. Just don't come off like she's your only chance at anything.

Crazygit

Jan 14, 2009
child of lileth said:
Why not just call the next day or something?
Because you want to come off as nonchalant, you want it to be like "Oh hey I stumbled across your number in my phone and I remember you from Warped, how have you been?" It's weird but the less interested you seem, the more interesting you become...but don't be a dickhead...

JokerCrowe

Nov 12, 2009
Call her when you would want her to call you. (but not the first hour into the next day). Let her "simmer" a little. I don't buy into that "wait 3 days stuff", if you really "clicked" don't you want to talk to her as soon as possible?
Also never fall into the trap of agreeing when she says she will call you. You'll just sit by the phone. Say "no, I'll call you" and then do. No-one likes to be lied to.
EDIT:
You could have texted her the moment you got her number, with a smileyface or something. That way she'll get your number. And on the less optimistic side of things, you check if it really was her number she put in....

T-Bone24

Dec 29, 2008
I would call the next day. Anyone who has a serious issue with the time it takes for you to call, so long as it's not immediate or next year, really isn't worth pursuing.

I kinda contradicted my own point, there, didn't I?

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
take the amount of time you pent with her multiply by amount of kind things she said to you. - 1 for every use of friend. Now you must take your age and subtract her age. take that number and add it to the total value of her phone number (P) so in US (123) 231-0776= 1+2+3 x 2+3+1 - 0+7+7=6. Then call her in that number of days + or - days based on how much you want to call her.

(Tx2)-f= H
(A-a)= z
H*z=N
N+P= Call her now, stop wasting your time on the interweb, you are wasting time boy! Make sure you get to call her back, let us know how it goes! Good luck.

Isalan

Jun 9, 2008
Give it a couple of days, but have a plan when you call. You gonna ask her out? If so, where?

Make sure you plan a little ahead so you don't end up inviting her out on your Mum's birthday or something (done that, didn't go down well when I was a no show).

Also, don't go spending a gigantic crapload of money if you don't know much about her. I live near the coast so I generally go for beach kite flying for first dates, that always suprises em XD

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
Wouldn't the manner of the call itself matter more than when you call? You can call when Vince Vaughn says to in Swingers (great movie) but if you talk like tard it won't matter.

The Hairminator

How about no?
Mar 17, 2009
Do you know she lives nearby? If not I'm not sure if you even should call her. People at concerts are drunk and do shit they don't normally do. It's not even certain she remembers you.

Just putting it out there, man, but if you feel it's right you should probably try and call her.