Poll: Car Keys in the Sun Visor? Does Anybody really do that?

wfieldb

Mar 25, 2011
I keep my ignition key hidden in my truck. I have a pretty hefty key clip with quite a few keys on it for other things I usually have to get into on a daily basis. Extra weight on an ignition switch can actually break it over time (mine is already kinda screwed up since I can take the key out while its running) and since I've had her for a while and have no plans to sell her pretty much ever and I freaking hate replacing ignition switches I have started leaving my key in various hiding places inside the truck. I'm not really worried about anyone stealing it since I doubt anyone would want a gas guzzling truck in times like these regardless of how shmexy I think she is haha.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
The only time I've ever seen keys left in the sun visor or other spot inside the vehicle is with company vehicles.....and even then, they are left in a secure lot. If someone manages to get on the lot and into a car, they can't get the car out easily.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
I keep my keys into pocket, locking the the things when I get out. If you don't you are an idiot .

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
Finding keys in the sun visor is something you will more likely run into on a construction site than other locations. It is alot easier to shuffle vehicles around when you don't need to look for keys.