Poll: Chickenpox?

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
I was around 3 when I got it and at the same time my pet fish got these white spots on them form no one cleaning the tank so I thought I gave my chickenpox to the fish, hey I was three (and stupid) at the time.

I had the shingles in the 2nd grade which is a mutated version of the chickenpox that you can catch more than once, but I never herd of someone having chickenpox more than once.

flare09

Aug 6, 2008
I did, twice. From what I can remember it wasn't that bad. I just had to stay out of school for a week the second time.

whiteshodan

Aug 2, 2008
Not me, I am also vaccinated. My mom has them like a hundred times though. Same as my neighbors. weird how every one around me has had them.

Zosephine

Dec 4, 2008
Never had chickenpox, but when I was 1, I had pox-like spots... they didn't go away until I was about 6. It was diagnosed a PLEVA.

[link]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PLEVA[/link] Because Wikipedia knows all >_>

azurawolf

Apr 27, 2009
Zosephine said:
Never had chickenpox, but when I was 1, I had pox-like spots... they didn't go away until I was about 6. It was diagnosed a PLEVA.

[link]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PLEVA[/link] Because Wikipedia knows all >_>
Hmmm... that could be what my Goddaughter has. Who knows. We will find out when she goes to the doctor.

Dirty Apple

Apr 24, 2008
I caught chicken pox when I was 13 years old. I was covered in them head to toe, literally. They were in my hair, armpits, and the backs of my knees. I even had them in my unmentionable areas and the back of my throat. On top of that, if a child contracts chicken pox around puberty it can seriously damage their reproductive capacity. Anyway, it was possibly the worst week of my life. The day that it finally didn't hurt to drink, I was beyond happy. That being said, it was still another 2 weeks before the sores had cleared up and I was comfortable walking in public. Nightmarish stuff people.

masher

Jul 20, 2009
Yeah. Then I had shingles, though it was weird shingles. It was only a small spot on my shoulder, and it didn't itch, hurt, or irritate me in anyway. But again, "Yeah."

PartyMonkey

Jun 26, 2009
I had chickenpox on my first birthday...I blew out my candles and then went to bed.

Oh how we laughed!

skcseth

May 25, 2009
Yep, I've had it.
Got it during a vacation in Las Vegas of all places. (and no it wasn't some STD, I was like 12 at the time)