Poll: Christmas - Your Views

Anchupom

In it for the Pub Club cookies
Apr 15, 2009
I just wanna see what people think, really. Christmas is everywhere and there's no escaping it, so I just thought that I might as well see if there are any more idiots like me who don't like going into the town center during the Christmas period.

That means complete the poll, people :D

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
Christmas is good, I just ignore the people who count down to christmas during November(it's mostly girl aswell).

Also i'm having a chinese for Christmas this year so pew pew:p

Mookie_Magnus

Clouded Leopard
Jan 24, 2009
Christmas the commercial holiday is great. As a religious holiday, it's not as great, because the Church arbitrarily took it and planted Jesus' birthday on it, to give people an excuse to celebrate it.
It used to be a more secular holiday based around the winter solstice.

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
the best thing to happen since...wtf not halo!

just for that i will have to choose wonderful.

Lazy Lemon

Mar 24, 2008
It's for kids and Christians really. I used to love it, probably because I got presents. But now I've got a job and can afford to buy most things I want/need, so presents don't seem as fun anymore really. Just means I have to wait an extra month to play Assassin's Creed 2 so my mum can buy it me as a present. I like the parties, but then I like parties the rest of the year really. Personally I don't need an excuse, but it seems some people do.

Spaghetti

Goes Well With Pesto
Sep 2, 2009
When December rolls around, I'm quiet happy to get into the Christmas spirit. I'm listening to Fairtayle in New York right now actually...although I won't really get into it until the week before Christmas, I like to leave things late

But I hate it when people are determined to start singing carols etc. immeadietly after Halloween.

And I've just realised that I'm going to have to help my mum do the shopping for christmas dinner again. Oh god, please can it not be like last year...

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
Overated and now corrupt due to our modern ways. Its just a day for me to get new stuff and get drunk..

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
Distorted Stu said:
Overated and now corrupt due to our modern ways. Its just a day for me to get new stuff and get drunk..

Oh stop being bitter. I really think you can only hate Christmas if you force yourself to do so. I mean, what is there to hate about it?

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
Anchupom said:
I just wanna see what people think, really. Christmas is everywhere and there's no escaping it, so I just thought that I might as well see if there are any more idiots like me who don't like going into the town center during the Christmas period.

That means complete the poll, people :D
As an Athiest, I'm pretty indifferent to the "meaning" of Christmas. It's still pretty offensive, however, to see it become the Annual Emptying of the Pocketbooks as everyone rapes their own bank account in the name of compulsory over-spending. It's ridiculous.

I told my mom I wanted a decent sportsjacket from a thrift store, as I'm on the job hunt. That's it.

Jim_McClain

Nov 4, 2009
It might be better to ask me this question at a time when I haven't been listening to christmas music every waking hour for about 4 days.

All I can say is,
Where is the peppermint orgasm option?

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
Internet Kraken said:
Distorted Stu said:

Oh stop being bitter. I really think you can only hate Christmas if you force yourself to do so. I mean, what is there to hate about it?
I dont hate it, hell i love free stuff and getting pissed. Just its not what it used to be, i think its because ive grown out of the early morning excitment.. getting older sucks. i want to be 7 again!

Gethsemani_v1legacy

Oct 1, 2009
I found that the trick to a good christmas was to ignore the commersialisation of it and just enjoy the whole deal where you spend time with your family.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Food, parties, and the one time of year when we actually spend time as a family. It's best to do it only a little, before you realise how annoying they are.

Arkvoodle

Dec 4, 2008
"If I could work my will, any idiot who goes about with a 'Merry Christmas' on his lips would be cooked with his own turkey, and buried with a stake of holy through his heart."

Feb 13, 2008
October? September for us.
Internet Kraken said:
I really think you can only hate Christmas if you force yourself to do so. I mean, what is there to hate about it?
Hrmmm...let's see.

Nasty, pushy, always-in-a-hurry customers wanting every last square inch of bargaining power with their whining screaming bratty children desperate to get hold of the last MUST HAVE toy when it was already sold out two months ago because the super-greedy corporation only processed a minute number to force the demand for it to sky-rocket while the over-tired, bitter, enraged staff forced to work ever-increasingly insane hours courted by the worst repetition of feel-good music to ever emerge from the bottomless pit of self-serving musicians pipes through their ears as they're threatened by once reasonable members of the public on how the trading standards demand that on their one hour lunchbreaks that you personally serve them with everything they ever wanted at a price far below the items actual worth and scream at you when you are forced to offer them every single addon that people can fit on the side of the till, even as the kids scream louder about how much they've already changed their mind; with each few seconds another grumbling customer joins the queue ready to throw their change into your face if you even suggest for one second that you're sorry they had to wait, or that you'd quite like to go home as the store closed a good five minutes ago, and that they've already had three months to pick up their stock and could they please just get away from the door as you've already closed as there are no other stores open around, there are no buses to get you home and PLEASE GOD...JUST LET IT STOP.

And then the Xmas Day rows with your family.

And you return to work on Boxing Day with a queue fifty people deep who won't even let you in the door until you deal with the present that their bratty kid stomped on and they want a full refund now.

Or as Gabe and Tycho put it

Apart from that, I quite like the food.

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
Christmas is pretty damn great!

Staying with family, great food, presents and lots of candy.
What's there not to love??