Poll: Classes in online shooters

Meet_Your_Doom

Jul 31, 2008
One thing I like about online shooters, particalarly Call of Duty 4, is the freedom to choose your own guns and classes. Just out of interest, for those who play these type of games, what is your favourite style of combat and what is the most annoying type?

My personal favourite is LMG's and other fully automatic guns, and I can't stand snipers because they have killed me more than every other tpe put together. Killing an enemy when he can't fight back or know it's happening is just pathetic and takes all of the fun out of the game.

Conqueror Kenny

Jan 14, 2008
I love snipers. No matter the game put a sniper in my hands and heads will be making friends with my ammo.

TheKbob

Jul 15, 2008
Silenced AK47 with Stopping power and deep impact. My bread and butter. It's so nasty.

Robert0288

Jun 10, 2008
I gotta go with the single shot rifle, kar98 anyone? had the damage of a sniper rifle and you still have the ability to hit people at moderately close range without trying to zoom in to the point where 1/2 their face fills the sight and your wondering which part of the eye you want to hit.

Jak The Great

Jun 24, 2008
I personally hate snipers.. All the benefits of a semi auto pistol with the stopping power of an M60 and the accuracy of... well a sniper rifle.

Especially prevalent in COD 4 where if you miss once it's ok, recoil is so minimal that you can unload many other shots and kill your target with the 20 bullets you have in your magazine. I especially hate that even when you're moving you get that level of accuracy.

That being siad, I have great respect for real snipers who don't act like Arnie and cap people at very long distances with a single shot... I hate you but respect you at the same time

oJon

Jul 12, 2008
Depends on what type of map your playing on, shotguns and big, open landscapes doesnt agree much. I think the assasult rifle can be used in many diffent situtaions so... theres my vote

Rolynpwns

Jul 31, 2008
I like the mobility and fire rate with SMGs. Blue tiger AK-74u with stopping power and steady aim, I could rush into a room filled to the teeth with LMGs and M16s and I would still win.

J'aen

Jul 6, 2008
Assault Rifles. You can spray with 'em up close, or use them as almost-but-not-quite Sniper Rifles.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
It greatly depends on what the game is, in CoD4 it's your basic assault rifle and sometimes sniper, in MGO it's the Assault rifle and Handgun and maybe a grenade or two, and for some reason in Battlefield:Bad Company it's the shotgun though only in the demo. I was dumbfounded when I killed 6 people in a row without dieing with a shotgun in the game as usually my best is the assault rifle but they sucked.

SteinFaust

Jun 30, 2008
i hate games with set classes and loadouts. i like to pick up a weapon and use it. i like pistols because i'm exceptionally dirty with them, and especially if they fire in real time like CoD4 pistols do. Vegas 2 is close, but for some reason that one and a lot of other games take presses of right trigger as more of a helpful suggestion rather than a command to actually DO something.

UnterHund

Jul 1, 2008
I chose Sniper. But actually it really depends on the map. In CQBmaps I choose singleshot/semiauto rifles. I totally suck with anything fullauto.

so long
UnterHund

Meet_Your_Doom

Jul 31, 2008
The reason I love LMG's the most is they can deal with any situation. They can fire through almost any surface, they are full auto so can do some serious damage and, I've found, if you are accurate enough and have god eyesight, you can take out a sniper at their own range by tapping the trigger once or twice. Doing this, I got 150 kills with the M60E4 in 3 levels.

I can't use a sniper to save my life, which is probably why I hate them so much

UnterHund

Jul 1, 2008
...if you are accurate enough and have god eyesight, you can take out a sniper at their own range by tapping the trigger once or twice. Doing this, I got 150 kills with the M60E4 in 3 levels.
That is because ingame firefights mostly are under 100m (max 200) where a sniper doesn't really play out it's pros. Try the same in OPFlashpoint. It becomes a "little" more difficult.

so long
UnterHund

Melaisis

Dec 9, 2007
Something big, heavy, automatic and fires three-thousand bullets per six seconds.

"I don't care if you're bunny-hopping and trying to snipe me from six hundred feet away! I'm going to just spray in your general direction and hope for the best!"

Alienmen1

May 14, 2008
I like shotgun from Close shooting

But sniper Rifle if my Fav Mostly in the game Soldat

www.soldat.pl/

Try it ... its free!

SteinFaust

Jun 30, 2008
i just noticed the mounted turret option. frankly, i think those things (and the vehicles they're attached to) are just giant bullet-magnets.
this is especially true when i'm playing lol. man, you can't drive a damn car 3meters without it suddenly morphing into a molten slag!