Poll: Cod Modern Warfare 2 Poll

SomethingUnrelated

Aug 29, 2009
Lovin' the deep discussion you're provoking. I know you're new, but try to familiarise yourself with the forums?

Probably not, seeing as it's been hyped up to kingdom come.

JRCB

Jan 11, 2009
Ummm... I don't know, I haven't played it yet? We can't make judgment until we play it.

Also, single word and two word posts are not looked well upon.

sms_117b

Keeper of Brannigan's Law
Oct 4, 2007
No, no game ever lives up to it's own hype. That's why I've learned to steer clear of hype, some games it's hard to avoid, Dragon Age & Brutal Legend for example. Thus far I'm very unexpecting of MW2, I hope to keep this bleakness of opinion up until I get it and home again, considering most games improve in the sequel, I can look forward to enjoying it.

Gizmo

May 4, 2009
I think it could live up to its hype but as stated above its hard to live up to the hype.

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
Well, I suppose I'm coming into this with different expectations from a lot of people. All I can say is that CoD:MW is one of the few war games I actually like, not just because of its gameplay, but because it challenged me morally and made me think. It didn't try to convince me war was good, but it still made me empathise with all the main characters and what they were trying to accomplish. So, provided MW2 maintains that ambiguous morality and doesn't spout shameless jingoism or stereotypes, I think I'm going to love it as much as the first. Plus, CoD is one of the few game series that integrates those set piece cinematics seamlessly into gameplay and makes them really work; it makes you feel like you're actually there, and like your squadmates are real people.

Ultimately, as long as it's nothing like CoD3, I think it'll be fine. ;)

Mercernary

Jun 28, 2009
I've never really been a fan of CoD, but I'm sure everybody who is will fall in love with it.

Robert632

May 11, 2009
maybe. but i'm slightly leaning towards the no, instead of yes, mainly because sequels generally aren't as well received as the originals.

bcponpcp27

Jan 9, 2009
I trust Infinity Ward. They have always delivered on their CoD games, no reason they would stop now that they are more popular.

ryai458

Oct 20, 2008
I don't want to say definitely because you never know, but I believe it will so "likely"

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
If it doesn't, just know that I called it first

(Ohh, and I don't care about the game, but I called that it wouldn't live up to 4)