Poll: Comic Sans: what do you think of it.

Princess Rose

Jul 10, 2011
Lev The Red said:
but what do you think? *braces for flamewar*
It is a very, very silly issue.

It's a font. **shrug** If you don't like it, don't use it. There's no need to remove it from computers (some people actually go around deleting it from computers on some kind of insane crusade against a casual font).

It's great for comic books, or comic book related things. I like comic-book related things. So I have nothing against a perfectly harmless font.

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
Don't understand why it gets so much hate- It's very easy to read, which shouldn't be a negative.

I don't tend to use it myself, being personally fond of Arial anyway, but I condemn none who do.

smearyllama

May 9, 2010
Blunderboy said:
I'm not really that fussed. It gets used a lot by people who think that it makes them look fun and zany.
But hell, at least it's not papyrus.
Yeah. Screw papyrus.

OT: I really don't use it, and I'm not fond of it, but I really don't mind as long as it's used responsibly.
Again, as long as it's not papyrus or one of those really hard-to-read fonts, I'm fine with it.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
I don't understand why anyone would get so angry over a font that's perfectly legible.

Sentox6

Jun 30, 2008
Everything you need to know about Comic Sans (and friends). [http://www.cracked.com/funny-5647-fonts/]

Vausch

Dec 7, 2009
I personally prefer CC Wild Words but I don't see a problem with comic sans. It's just a font.

Borntolose

Aug 18, 2008
The almost religious fervour with witch that website talks about it is completely ridiculous.
It's a FONT!!! It's not that important.
I admit it gets a bit overused and can make serious things seem childish and unimportant, but for comics it's fine.

FEichinger

Aug 7, 2011
*off to make "bantimesandarial.com"* (satire ftw)

Anyways ... a) just a font b) How about ... Making the public use the font for the actual purpose instead of spamming it for everything? and c) satire ftw.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
I don't honestly hate it with a firey passion, more of a loving, "Haha" sort of hatred, partially inspired by Cyanide and Hapiness.

Lev The Red

Aug 5, 2011
Psycho-Toaster said:
My English teacher last year would hand out everything in Comic Sans.

How about you read through pages and pages of notes on Shakespeare's sonnets written in Comic fucking Sans and then try to tell me "it's just a font."
i dont understand your argument. what exactly makes Comic Sans different then from, say, Times New Roman or Ariel?

Coldster

Oct 29, 2010
Well it certainly serves the purpose of looking moderately professional yet very appealing to the eye. It would be one of the more logical choices when writing. Especially if its going to be used on an advertisement or something of similar fashion.

Stall

Apr 16, 2011
Lev The Red said:
i dont understand your argument. what exactly makes Comic Sans different then from, say, Times New Roman or Ariel?
Because Comic Sans makes everything funny. Times New Roman isn't funny.

http://www.theonion.com/video/new-study-explains-why-comic-sans-font-so-hilariou,21202/

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
I really, really don't see what the problem is. I've even seen people complain about comic sans when it's used in comics. It's silly.

I Max95

Mar 23, 2009
i find it difficult to find something i care LESS about.

its a font, it wont effect ANYTHING for better, or for worse, no matter what happens to it

FreakSheet

Jul 16, 2011
I so badly want to use Comic Sans when I hand in assignments, but my teachers dont let me...

Highly relevant...

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
DeadlyYellow said:
I find the whole thing hilarious. From personal experience, a lot of the haters don't seem to recognize it unless it's pointed out to them.
This.

Seriously, it's people over-reacting and we have to hear about it.

Picture:

Mickey shows us how it done.