Poll: Console Gamers: How far do you sit from your screen?

Blazing Steel

Sep 22, 2008
When I play games it tends to be on my PS3 which is hooked up to a 32inch LCD. Now I sit about a meter and half away from the Tv which for me seems to be my favourite distance when playing Skyrim, Mass Effect 2, Fallouts etc. But when playing FPSs such as COD or Battlefield I tend more or lean forward closing the distance to just over a meter. I've been told many times that I sit way too close for a 32inch Tv as I sit at the same distance when I'm watching Tv.

So Escapists I ask you:
-How far do you sit from your Tv?
-At what distance does it become unhealthy for people?
-Do you watch Tv at a similar distance to when you game?

Ectoplasmicz

Nov 23, 2011
About 2-3 metres is about right for me. It gets unhealthy under 1m i reckon, and i sit on the same couch for tv and gaming, so yes!

theevilgenius60

Jun 28, 2011
It depends on which TV I'm playing on. On the small TV in my room i sit about 2-2.5 meters away. In the living room on my big screen i sit back about 4-5 meters. Those numbers can also change if I'm doing the split screen thing. If my brother and I are playing Left 4 Dead we generally sit closer to the living room TV than we would otherwise.

Raognerrrm

Apr 2, 2011
Basically as far as I sit from my PC; about 25cm. Seeing as my TV is slightly smaller than my monitor, I have no problem with it.
I have no reliable data on a safe distance, but there's a recommended distance for monitors, so why isn't it the same for monitor size TVs?
I don't watch much TV, but when I do, it's the same distance as I'm in the same place.

Tazzy da Devil

Sep 9, 2011
I use the same TV for my console and PC, but I do push my couch close to my desk to play, so I'll game on my console a bit further away than I do with my PC. I'd say around a metre, most likely.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
I Lye back on my bed so I'm about 2-3 metres away.

Unless I'm playing a racing game or doing something that requires lot of concentration I have to lean forward then for some reason.