Poll: Cowboy Bebop vs Samurai Champloo

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
I guess it really comes down to where you like Jazz and Space or Rap and Edo Japan. Its still the same characters in the same whacky situations.

Ferc

May 13, 2011
While Bebop is the superior show, I personally enjoyed Champloo more. Just the fact that it is slightly more modern (not that age attributes to quality in any way) and has higher energy makes it more enjoyable to me. Now that I think about it, I really need to rewatch Bebop. I got it on DVD awhile ago, but never seemed to have the time to watch it. Might be a great activity to share with the lady.

Small Waves

Nov 14, 2009
Cowboy Bebop does everything better. The characters are more fleshed out and developed, the music kicks Champloo's Hydeout Productions B-Sides, the animation is more fluid and the settings more atmospheric. Samurai Champloo is watered down and fails horribly at trying to capture everything that made Cowboy Bebop the best anime of the 90s. We'll never see an anime like it ever again.

Amberella

Super Sailor Moon
Jan 23, 2010
Cowboy Bebop for me.

Absolutely loved that anime! Not that I didn't like Samurai Champloo, but Cowboy Bebop will always have a safe spot in my heart. :) I loved all the character and the story. It was just overall better to me. I do like both though but Cowboy Bebop won it for me.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
Never seen Samurai Champloo so this is pretty one sided for me. I loved Cowboy Bebop so it gets my vote. The characters were cool, but the whole western noir thing made it amazing

Trippeh

Feb 25, 2010
champloo. neither would get my vote for "best animu evar" (that title goes to "Monster" and/or "The 12 Kingdoms") but champloo made me have tears in my eyes in the end. i cried like a ***** when Fuu found her dad. the 'filler' eps made sense once you watched the whole thing. most emotional episode: jin and the prostitute. bebop was a fun show, but it never touched my heart like champloo did.

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
I really enjoyed both of the series, but Cowboy Behop pulls out ahead ever so slightly for me. It simply does everything just a little better, especially in the side character department. For instance, the trio of old men have way more character and become more memorable than any of the supporting cast in Samurai Champloo.

Nonukez

Aug 12, 2011
Definitely Bebop, an absolute classic, although (like many, many people in this thread) I liked Champloo too.
Wtf is with the people that say they only saw one of the two series..? Why are they posting in a thread which has a requirement of having watched both? Man, some people...

Also in regards to the whole thing about Spike dying so easily at the end, IMO I think he DID die, and it's because he no longer had any more connections to his past. The love of his life died and he got revenge on the one who did it. Sure, there's still Faye and Jet, but it seemed like they meant almost nothing compared to Julia.