Poll: Cracked.com

Angerwing

Kid makes a post...
Jun 1, 2009
Skywolf09 said:
Ahh, yes. Cracked.com, a website that I put in the same category as TVTropes, meaning that once you type the site's url in your browser say goodbye to the next 2-4 hours of your life.
I'm immune to Cracked links, due to having already read every article on there.

Not so much TVTropes, that still ruins my life.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Wait....what's going on? I'm confused.

I've heard of Cracked.com, but never bothered getting into it. It just dosen't interest me and to each their own.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
I think I go there at least once a day and check for new stuff. It's on my top top list

cuddly_tomato

Nov 12, 2008
Eukaryote said:
Cracked panders to Digg, steals jokes and makes lame attempts to copy the Oatmeal's comedic style.
Well said.

It used to be a good site when Jay Pinkerton was at the helm, but since David Wong got involved it has descended into some kind of pseudo political-philosophical commentary site with a few jokes in there somewhere.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
It's a bit hit and miss. Sometimes the articles fall completely flat but when they hit the mark they are hilarious.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
It's one of the sites I visit daily. Love Dan O'brien's and Robert Brockway's articles (and Seanbaby is good every so often) and Swaim's videos (Gladstone's, too, but they're lower key than I usually go for).

And the guest articles are usually pretty damn good, of course. I still re-read stuff like The 7 Most Badass Last Stands in History or <url=http://www.cracked.com/article_14982_9-manliest-names-in-world.html>The 9 Manliest Names in the World every so often.

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
The Agents of Cracked web series was hysterical. As for the rest of the website, I try not to visit too often lest I fail to notice I've spent the entire day browsing Cracked. TV Tropes doesn't really seem to have that effect on me, probably because I don't know or care about so many of the things they mention for each trope that I can escape via concentrated indifference.

Skoldpadda

Jan 13, 2010
I love Cracked. I check it every day. It's not only funny, it's also quite educational. My favourites are the history articles.

Also, Michael Swaim is just too damn funny. He has this boyish charm, this rascal thing going on.

AmbrMerlinus

Feb 2, 2009
Cracked makes me laugh and kills time between cradle and grave. So, yeah, thumbs-up from me. Though it would get a bigger thumbs-up if certain writers relied less on transphobic humor... but they've been better about it lately.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
I love Cracked, their lists are hilarious. It's a party mainstay for me and my friends to read some of 'em. Probably the only occurence of all of us taking enjoyment in reading time.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
I go there one or two times per day, most likely looking for something Swaim has created, photoshop contests ( some of them are pure gold, i say!) and the craptions.
A fun website indeed.

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
Cracked-- I'd be lying if I said they didn't get the job done. I love the lists, I love the articles, and I love the videos. All things considered, I think Swain is my favorite of the bunch. My favorite article of all time is...Well, blast. I got nothing.

Also, am I the only one who caught the Dr. McNinja reference in the poll?

AkJay

Feb 22, 2009
I visit Cracked for the Photoshop Contest/Craptions. If the articles seem interesting enough I'll read it, but the quality of the lists seem to be getting worse and worse.

HT_Black said:
Also, am I the only one who caught the Dr. McNinja reference in the poll?
No.

Unstoppable Wall

May 12, 2009
Cracked is one of my many internet addictions, there have been many a times when I go there to check the daily article and end up finding an article i haven't read, oh hey look there's another, and another, and another.

Aut Vincere Aut Mori
-Unstoppable Wall

Premonition

Jan 25, 2010
The only thing I liked about that site is the "Top Five users on Youtube ... are retarded" video, and the rest of the videos in that series.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
I love the articles and videos.

But I fucking loathe the forums.