Poll: Criterion's Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit revealed

SilkySkyKitten

Oct 20, 2009

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/14/need-for-speed-hot-pursuit-races-to-retail-november-16/

Considering how it looks like a return to the glory days of pre-Underground NFS, to say I creamed my pants would be an understatement. Granted, I'm not one of those types who constantly bash every post-Underground NFS game (I still find them quite fun, especially Shift and Most Wanted), but a true Hot Pursuit 3 is long overdue IMO.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
You had me at Criterion...

They could be making Barney & Friends Happy Shovelware Adventure and I'd be psyched.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
You mean Hot Pursuit 3
I refuse to call this game simply Hot Pursuit.

Regardless, Criteron knows what they're doing.

baseracer

Jul 31, 2009
Finally, EA dumped black box from Need for Speed.

There hasn't been a good NFS speed game since Hot Pursuit 2.

RUINER ACTUAL

Oct 29, 2009
Finally EA did something else right and gave NFS to Criterion. They DO make Burnout, and those are regarded as some of the best racers. It will be classic NFS with new additons. It will feel right and be fun for the first time in years.

DoctorWhat

v11.1 beta2
Apr 10, 2009
:O

That was a Bugatti Veyron and a Pagani Zonda in a car chase. *gets tissues. changes pants*

I hope it's got the same style as

The graphics are obviously going to be better, but that was the first racing game I actually liked. I was still playing it when Underground 2 came out. And then the disc melted, and I couldn't find it anywhere. Oh well. There's this now. :)

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Hot Pursuit was always my favorite. This one looks nice... normally I wouldn't care about racing games, but this looks really good.

braincore02

Jan 14, 2008
Yeah I used to like Hot Pursuit but at this point EA has bled the NFS series to death in my book. Meeehhhhhhh

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
Looks like the first great Need For Speed since Most Wanted or Carbon. Hopefully worth postponing Burnout 6 for.