Poll: Daniel Tosh threatens Woman with Gang Rape

loa

Jan 28, 2012
So I see the OP is now the final arbiter over what is "acceptable" in society.

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
So he didn't actually threaten her with it. I mean he sounds like a douchebag but fucking hell, keep your shit together. Everyone on this site goes nuts over stuff like this.

Nice poll, by the way.

SecretNegative said:
Why do you have a poll if you don't wanna hear opinions you don't agree with?
^^^^

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
Luna said:
SadakoMoose said:
Xan Krieger said:
Where's a "yes" poll option? I thought it was funny and I will continue to watch Tosh.0 and any future comedy specials involving Daniel Tosh.
Just as I'll continue to post, retweet, and tweet this story to everyone I can until Tosh either apologizes or suffers monetary losses as the result of people no longer wishing to support him by consuming his product.
Glad to see that you'll stand behind a guy that thinks gang rape is funny.
Having that silly poll isn't really helping your cause IMO.
Yeah... seems really childish.

"Do you like his humour? No or no?!"

Iscariot6794

Jul 1, 2011
He's made a career out of being tasteless, and gets annoyed when someone calls him on contributing to a rape culture.

There is a difference between dealing with a heckler and being a person in power who is singling out a woman in a room full of men and saying "wouldn't it be hilarious if she got raped?".

No, it wouldn't be. That's not shock humor. That's just tasteless venom of a disgusting little man who has no idea how much power a person in a position of authority has over a room full of people.

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
Rednog said:
Any joke can be funny, absolutely nothing is sacred.
Patrice Oneal really says it best

Also, I'm amused that all the people against rape jokes go right to personal attacks against anyone who would support a joke. Because clearly if you can find a joke about rape funny you're misogynist/sexist who mostly likely beats blind orphans in your basement all while drinking the blood of baby seals out of Old Yeller's skull, twirling your mustache and cackling...and you're probably a Republican.

Well, sounds like a normal friday night to me, except I am not a republican.
and I usually use puppies to beat the orphans with.
And while I do drink the blood of baby seals, I use the skull of bambis mother.

Aerodyamic

Aug 14, 2009
SadakoMoose said:
Xan Krieger said:
Where's a "yes" poll option? I thought it was funny and I will continue to watch Tosh.0 and any future comedy specials involving Daniel Tosh.
Just as I'll continue to post, retweet, and tweet this story to everyone I can until Tosh either apologizes or suffers monetary losses as the result of people no longer wishing to support him by consuming his product.
Glad to see that you'll stand behind a guy that thinks gang rape is funny.
Porky Pig and Elmer Fudd closing in on Daffy Duck as he drops the soap, to butcher and lengthen a George Carlin joke; your choice to be sensationalist is bad, and you should feel bad.

This isn't even about Daniel Tosh, whom I don't watch, this is about being able to have perspective. The joke and circumstances may have been inappropriate, poorly chosen, or just in plain bad taste, but you can't tell me that it's impossible to make jokes about ANY subject.

Skipper zammo

Oct 11, 2011
Iscariot6794 said:
He's made a career out of being tasteless, and gets annoyed when someone calls him on contributing to a rape culture.

There is a difference between dealing with a heckler and being a person in power who is singling out a woman in a room full of men and saying "wouldn't it be hilarious if she got raped?".

No, it wouldn't be. That's not shock humor. That's just tasteless venom of a disgusting little man who has no idea how much power a person in a position of authority has over a room full of people.
He's not a drill sergeant. All she had to do if she didn't like the joke was leave.

And what's all this room full of men bollocks? Were you there? how do you the the percentage of men to women?

I don't even like what he said but the amount of people coming up with bullshit arguments against it is staggering.

Iscariot6794

Jul 1, 2011
Skipper zammo said:
Iscariot6794 said:

He's not a drill sergeant. All she had to do if she didn't like the joke was leave.

And what's all this room full of men bollocks? Were you there? how do you the the percentage of men to women?

I don't even like what he said but the amount of people coming up with bullshit arguments against it is staggering.
Are you serious?

Do you really have to ask what the demographic of a man that jokes about rape might be? Especially considering the effect gender has on a persons chance to be raped?

Skipper zammo

Oct 11, 2011
Iscariot6794 said:
Skipper zammo said:
Iscariot6794 said:

Are you serious?

Do you really have to ask what the demographic of a man that jokes about rape might be? Especially considering the effect gender has on a persons chance to be raped?
It was a comedy night with various acts. Men and women both like stand up comedy. And some women are fine with jokes about rape, I know a couple that make them on occasion.

Zeckt

Nov 10, 2010
I cannot agree with how you gave no options other then no on your poll, as if you expect everyone to think the way you do. I find that that particularly grates me enough to point it out before even responding to your topic. Seriously, at least give the option! I don't care about even discussing this with you if your so one sided as it would be a complete waste of time.

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
I may be wrong about this, but I think there may be somewhat of a generation gap thing happening here. People who were born in an age where they were raised with the Internet spent years being exposed to and desensitized by all manner of comedy and content, across all cultural spans and levels of tolerance.

I spent my formative years on rotten.com (anyone have those memories?) with friends going "ewwww, oh my god!" At the most digusting, horrific images conceivable, and I know it plays a role in the fact that virtually nothing offends me. It explains the success of shows like South Park and Family Guy, who push every boundary they can because today's world has come to accept levels of offensiveness and lewd discussion.

Are there exceptions? Of course, theres exceptions to many thesis. I wonder if this causes a lack of cultural identity, being the culture of purely "anti-culture" with "anti-humor" and such. More on topic: I didn't particularly laugh at what Tosh did, but he has a job to do and there were people so excited to hear that manner of speech that they paid hard-earned money to hear it. I may not agree with it, but I'll defend to the death his right to say it.

Zeckt

Nov 10, 2010
Kahunaburger said:
Ahaha people still T.Ting about the poll options.
Well excuse me for seeing this thread for the first time. Guess I'm not as "cool" and up to date as you and don't follow your exact browsing habits.

Mysterious Druid

May 27, 2012
He didn't threaten her.

Also, any subject can be made funny if the execution is right.

Edit: Also, good job with the poll. Clear lack of bias, and a huge level of acceptance for other peoples opinions. Nice work.

Iscariot6794

Jul 1, 2011
Skipper zammo said:
Iscariot6794 said:
Skipper zammo said:
Iscariot6794 said:

Are you serious?

It was a comedy night with various acts. Men and women both like stand up comedy. And some women are fine with jokes about rape, I know a couple that make them on occasion.
This isn't about rape jokes and whether or not they're "okay" to make. I'm not the fucking humor police.

This is about a guy being a tasteless and contemptible person, not because he said something with the word rape in it, and not because he joked about someone getting raped, but because he said something that was massively not okay in any context.

Think of it this way, people never fucking jumped down George Carlin's throat for making jokes about rape. Do you know why?

It's because George Carlin never made someone worry about whether or not three people might actually think it's hilarious to rape them.

To put it another way, Tosh wouldn't feel the need to apologise if he hadn't done something wrong, would he? A bunch of people, and I mean a fucking *bunch* of people have called him on doing something stupid. That's all this is.

Anyone who dismisses this as some chick heckling a guy and not being able to take it is missing the point.

Chicks heckle comics and can't take it when they fire back all the time. They don't make the news.

I wonder why.

Kahunaburger

May 6, 2011
Zeckt said:
Kahunaburger said:
Ahaha people still T.Ting about the poll options.
Well excuse me for seeing this thread for the first time. Guess I'm not as "cool" and up to date as you and don't follow your exact browsing habits.
Not you in particular - started the post before you posted. And definitely not just you haha. There are a lot of people ITT who like "dark" "comedy" but are apparently offended by a poll that isn't a 100% srs bsns attempt to gauge community reaction.

Skipper zammo

Oct 11, 2011
Iscariot6794 said:
Skipper zammo said:
Iscariot6794 said:
Skipper zammo said:
Iscariot6794 said:

Are you serious?

This isn't about rape jokes and whether or not they're "okay" to make. I'm not the fucking humor police.

This is about a guy being a tasteless and contemptible person, not because he said something with the word rape in it, and not because he joked about someone getting raped, but because he said something that was massively not okay in any context.

Think of it this way, people never fucking jumped down George Carlin's throat for making jokes about rape. Do you know why?

It's because George Carlin never made someone worry about whether or not three people might actually think it's hilarious to rape them.

To put it another way, Tosh wouldn't feel the need to apologise if he hadn't done something wrong, would he? A bunch of people, and I mean a fucking *bunch* of people have called him on doing something stupid. That's all this is.

Anyone who dismisses this as some chick heckling a guy and not being able to take it is missing the point.

Chicks heckle comics and can't take it when they fire back all the time. They don't make the news.

I wonder why.
And like I said, I don't like what he said. It was wrong.

I'm merely saying that the arguments you used for why it was wrong were bullshit.

Iscariot6794

Jul 1, 2011
Skipper zammo said:
And like I said, I don't like what he said. It was wrong.

I'm merely saying that the arguments you used for why it was wrong were bullshit.
Yeah okay, fair enough.