Poll: dark souls pc, will you buy it?

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
so, dark souls prepare to die edition has made its way onto steam, and you can now preorder it. so after all of this petitioning, how many of you will actually pick it up?

myself? i have preordered it, and did so on the day it was put up on steam. i've been waiting for a while for this, and i'm just hoping it is worth it.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Played it on console. Got bored.

The promise of extra content and clumsily ported controls isn't about to lure me back.

veloper

Jan 20, 2009
The first statements about the devs having trouble to make the port run at decent framerates are not encouraging, so I'm not pre-ordering.

I'll wait for reviews. If it's a good port or even a decent port, I'll probably buy it.

Nerexor

Mar 23, 2009
I can't even get past level 2 on Demons' Souls, so I'm not going anywhere near it's bigger, meaner brother.

Kordie

Oct 6, 2011
I have it on console, so I am tempted to get the DLC but not really another copy of the game. Personally money is too tight to justify buying a game I already own. In addition I would want to wait and see how the port was handled first. Last, IMO this game really works best with a controller, and I don't have a decent one for my computer. (Granted I could figure out how to hook up my PS3 controller, but at that point why not just play it on the console?)

Jynthor

Mar 30, 2012
It seems to be a terrible port, then again I didn't expect it to be any different from a Japanese developer. I won't get it unless it's really, really cheap.

Sp3ratus

Apr 11, 2009
I bought the game for my PS3 and have completed it several times, being close to getting the platinum, so I won't be buying the game for PC. As much as I love the game, I really like the console controls and think they fit a game like that very well. Also, since the extra content will come in the form of DLC later, I'll just have to wait for that to come out, even though I really want to play that extra content.

Having said that, I'm happy that it got ported to the PC and hope that it turns out to be a good one. An awesome game like DS deserves all the recognition it can get, regardless of platform.

Kordie

Oct 6, 2011
Sp3ratus said:
Having said that, I'm happy that it got ported to the PC and hope that it turns out to be a good one. An awesome game like DS deserves all the recognition it can get, regardless of platform.
I second that sentiment. I encourage anyone who doesn't own it on console already to give it a shot, and I hope it is succesful.

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
veloper said:
The first statements about the devs having trouble to make the port run at decent framerates are not encouraging, so I'm not pre-ordering.

I'll wait for reviews. If it's a good port or even a decent port, I'll probably buy it.
this is my only concern really. although guild wars 2 comes out the same week, so if there are any major issues which can be fixed via patch then i have something to keep me occupied ^^

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
All I wanted from this port was a smooth framerate. I didn't even care if I needed a controller. FROM announced though that they are having trouble even delivering that.

I'm cautious; I'll be waiting for reviews and opinions on it.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Wouldn't it be funny that even though people signed a petition and developpers agreed to use their time and money to make it , few people actually buy it? No one will ever listen to fan ever again.

Now i didn't sign the petition , i don't game on Pc and i already have it on Xbox360 , so no .

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Not too sure.

Well for one thing I'm not going to buy it straight away since I will hardly played it due to Guild Wars 2 (I liked to played one game at a time and they are out on the same week).

Even then I'm still not sure wheather to buy it or not. These days I'm no longer a fan of trial and error despite being fine at those games back on the SNES (but the SNES console is different to modern day consoles). Heck I couldn't beat Donkey Kong Country Return without resorting to using Super Kong!

I suppose the only recent trail and error game that I did like was Monster Hunter Tri however reading what Dark Souls is like, it make Monster Hunter Tri is on super easy mode.

I probably buy it during Christmas when it's on sales. That way if I hated it I wouldn't lose so much on the money spend to buy it.

Simonoly

Oct 17, 2011
I already own it on my 360, but I might end up purchasing it so I can play with my PC-only friends.

It's a shame that it's basically just going to be a straight port, but it's good that those who game exclusively on PC now have the opportunity to experience this awesome game.

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
I signed the petition, and own it on console, and I will definitely be buying it again.

I'm lucky, too, that I'll be getting a new PC in a couple of weeks, just in time for release.

vkola

Jul 12, 2011
Got it for my Ps3 and got the Platinum trophy from it, so I wont be buying the PC version, but I am looking forward to the DLC though :)

Might buy if and gift it to my brother though..

Meight08

*Insert Funny Title*
Feb 16, 2011
Bhaalspawn said:
I'm going to wait from feedback... from real critics, not other gamers who are likely going to be banging the "WAAH! IT'S NOT USING STEAM!" drum for several months.

So let me know when Sterling, Yahtzee, or Angry Joe has a review out.
Is it impossible for you to go about your day without: insulting people, calling them crybaby's for having legitimate complaints, calling all pc gamer's elitist dicks?

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Got it on PS3, so there's not much point to it.

Should get around to getting my platinum soon. Really close, but I'm at the tiresome lava level and couldn't be arsed to complete it again last time I played.