Poll: dark souls pc, will you buy it?

SecondPrize

Mar 12, 2012
When the company releasing it touts "Mouse and Keyboard support" as a plus, I tend to step back for a few months and wait to see how it works.

nodlimax

Feb 8, 2012
If you want to port and release something on the pc there are 2 imortant things to consider:

1. get the controls right (mouse and keyboard)
2. get FPS right or rather be sure that there aren't any glitches due to compatibility problems.

If you can't do that, don't release it on the PC.

Currently I'll keep an eye on the game because I really would like to try it out. But I wont buy a bad port.

Yostbeef

Apr 14, 2010
veloper said:
The first statements about the devs having trouble to make the port run at decent framerates are not encouraging, so I'm not pre-ordering.

I'll wait for reviews. If it's a good port or even a decent port, I'll probably buy it.
Yeah as soon as I read about that I became skeptical.I appreciate the honesty,instead of just releasing the game and letting people buy it to find out for themselves it's a shoddy port.I don't pre-order games especially when it's being released digitally but I hope it does turn out all right because I do really wanna play it.I have no idea why someone would still pre-order it after that statement the devs made,you don't even get any special bonus for doing so.

Musicfreak

Jan 23, 2009
That depends, does it still have GFWL on it? I don't have a ps3 but I do have a PC, and I have been curious about this game. My curiosity isn't stronger than my hatred for GFWL though not by a long shot.

ScrabbitRabbit

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2012
I'm cautiously optimistic but I'm not pre-ordering... I'll wait for the reviews and some Youtube vids and THEN decide whether or not it's worth buying. Might be nice to get a demo, actually.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I plan on buying Dark Souls for the PC when it is released. I may not get to playing it right away though because of Guild Wars 2.

jackinmydaniels

Jul 12, 2012
Never played either Demon's souls or Dark Souls, so no I won't be getting it. I get pissed off enough playing games that aren't ungodly difficult, playing either of those would probably give me an eppileptic fit.

WaysideMaze

The Butcher On Your Back
Apr 25, 2010
Bhaalspawn said:
I'm going to wait from feedback... from real critics, not other gamers who are likely going to be banging the "WAAH! IT'S NOT USING STEAM!" drum for several months.

So let me know when Sterling, Yahtzee, or Angry Joe has a review out.
Except it is on steam. [http://store.steampowered.com/app/211420/?snr=1_7_suggest__13]

O/T probably won't get it. maybe next year when it's in a steam sale, but to be honest it's not really my cup of tea.

ChildishLegacy

Apr 16, 2010
Yes. I'll buy it a couple of days after release if the reports on it are good, I'll let those that don't care about their £30 at all test the water for me.

Feb 28, 2008
I very recently bought it for console after playing it through with a friend on his. So, no, I won't be buying it for PC. But looking forward to the DLC a great deal -- best thing short of a new game from the developers.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
I just wanna see what people have to say about it. Not too bothered about GFWL (Even though it's a steaming pile of shit!!) since Single player will be my primary choice for getting the game.

I just want to know if they do a good job porting of it over to PC.

80Maxwell08

Jul 14, 2010
lRookiel said:
I just wanna see what people have to say about it. Not too bothered about GFWL (Even though it's a steaming pile of shit!!) since Single player will be my primary choice for getting the game.

I just want to know if they do a good job porting of it over to PC.
Well considering they outright told people they aren't I'm going to guess it won't be so good. Granted I'm hoping I'm wrong here since I actually like From Software (though I despise Namco Bandai) but they already listed some of the main problems that will be present. Also there's plenty of single player games that have problems with GFWL like the Batman games by Rocksteady and Fallout 3. Being single player doesn't save games from GFWL's problems sadly.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
sadly :/ not likely.

while i sign both petitions for it (to get it to PC and to get rid of GFWL) i can not work it into a budget where i have zero money coming in :/

that said, if i did have the money, I'd have pre-ordered it already

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
I will... but not out the gate.

For one I have it on PS3.
Secondly theres no native support for higher resolutions or texture quality and other improvements that should be there.

So for me, It is an absolute buy.... Just when it goes on sale at a price I would be willing to pay for it.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
The devs saying they were having trouble to make the port run at decent framerates are not encouraging, so I'm not going to pre-order it. I'll wait for reviews if it's a good port I will be getting it, however I won't be too bummed if it's a crap port because I have it on console already.

But I would like to have it on PC since I mainly play games on my PC's these days, haven't touched my consoles in months. I hope it's a successful port because it's a great game and the PC gaming community that don't own consoles should get to try it out.