Poll: Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition: Should they make the new content available for console players?

Simonoly

Oct 17, 2011
Don't know why anyone would actually vote no. Although I voted "You Died" because that's the correct answer for anything to do with Dark Souls.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
rhizhim said:
krazykidd said:
Sure , as long as it's not paid DLC . Why should PC gamers get it for free and not us .
because they do not have another choice.

the playstation network and xbox live services sometimes demand money to distribute content on their system. money you cant demand from developers to burn for your entertainment.
see:
http://www.develop-online.net/news/39783/Tim-Schafer-Console-patches-cost-40k
I didn'T know that. Thats terrible. They have to PAY to put DLC on a console ? But if that's the case, why make DLC at all ?

80Maxwell08

Jul 14, 2010
Solo-Wing said:
I couldn't click yes fast enough.
It should be on the consoles. And for free. Or there shall be another internet petition.
I don't know why so many people think it won't come to consoles. Though it might not be free simply because of Microsoft. I don't remember the games but I do remember Microsoft making a lot of DLC paid instead of free because of their policies. Pity since I'll get it on the PC but I don't want a version that automatically has more and always will have more. I just want everyone to have the game.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
80Maxwell08 said:
Solo-Wing said:
I couldn't click yes fast enough.
It should be on the consoles. And for free. Or there shall be another internet petition.
I don't know why so many people think it won't come to consoles. Though it might not be free simply because of Microsoft. I don't remember the games but I do remember Microsoft making a lot of DLC paid instead of free because of their policies. Pity since I'll get it on the PC but I don't want a version that automatically has more and always will have more. I just want everyone to have the game.
Because apparently in interviews they have said it most likely won't. For what reason? None stated. They only said they're sorry.

FrostyChick

Little Miss Vampire.
Jul 13, 2010
It could very well make it to console, there isn't really a good excuse not to release it on consoles. But it won't be free, it costs the publisher/developer money to get content added to those systems.

But then again, I'm starting to lose interest. Sure, Games for Windows Live was a bit of a bitchslap, although it's understandable as it would make porting the netcode a lot easier. Then I heard the keyboard/mouse controls were going to be limited, I also heard it was going to be locked at 30FPS.
The more I hear about it, the more I feel like it's going to be a botched porting job. Which in the end hurts everybody, it hurts the consumers as they're left with a product that isn't fit for purpose and it hurts the developers as the sales will take a hit as a result, possibly even turning them away from PC development altogether.

Is it really such an unreasonable request to do something properly?

Tanakh

Jul 8, 2011
krazykidd said:
rhizhim said:
krazykidd said:
Sure , as long as it's not paid DLC . Why should PC gamers get it for free and not us .
because they do not have another choice.

the playstation network and xbox live services sometimes demand money to distribute content on their system. money you cant demand from developers to burn for your entertainment.
see:
http://www.develop-online.net/news/39783/Tim-Schafer-Console-patches-cost-40k
I didn'T know that. Thats terrible. They have to PAY to put DLC on a console ? But if that's the case, why make DLC at all ?
He beat me to it, furthermore consoles seem to BAN FREE DLC ( http://www.vg247.com/2012/03/08/cd-projekt-releasing-free-dlc-for-the-witcher-on-360-may-be-a-bit-tricky/ and http://games.slashdot.org/story/09/03/21/021244/sony-charges-publishers-for-dlc-bandwidth-usage , not the only instances BTW, i remember Dungeon Defenders having trouble releasing free DLC there).

Why make DLC? Normally because it makes money? But no, it shouldn't be free on consoles because it can't be free, you need to pay Sony and Microsoft. The difference is wether From Software should pay a potentially big price for releasing it or the users pay 1 buck or so for it. I am more for the later.

Jynthor

Mar 30, 2012
No, this is an offering for the great PC master race and I shall not have you console peasants touch it.

NightHawk21

Dec 8, 2010
krazykidd said:
I don't play, but I think if they did make it payed dlc that would be fine (not ideal and I'd want to be free). It like be with normal games, which are released and then get DLC, while GoTY editions (which come much latter) come with the DLC "for free".

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
I'd purchase it for the PS3 if it becomes available, but I would not care if its on the system or not.

The thing is I do not mind the notion of platform exclusive content. I really don't.

Balobo

Nov 30, 2009
I thought one of the bosses that's in the PC version was removed from the console versions because it reduced their FPS to a crawl

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Balobo said:
I thought one of the bosses that's in the PC version was removed from the console versions because it reduced their FPS to a crawl
What..? How would having more bosses reduce the FPS? It's not like it needs to render them at every single moment.

mrhappy1489

May 12, 2011
Considering it was successful on consoles, it would be wrong to ignore such loyal customers. Very much in the same vein as to why it's even getting a PC release.

him over there

Dec 17, 2011
It should most definitely be available to console players, and should only be free if the cost of making the additional content is not incorporated into the price of the pc version.

Balobo

Nov 30, 2009
Korten12 said:
Balobo said:
What..? How would having more bosses reduce the FPS? It's not like it needs to render them at every single moment.
No, the boss is too high poly to be rendered by consoles or something. It was just an individual boss that was causing this issue.

If they lowered the detail of the boss then *gasp* PC will get more detail! Then that means that they would be betraying their loyal fans and that wouldn't be right.