Poll: Dead Island or Deus Ex Human Revoulution?

Quack-A-Lack

Mar 19, 2011
Deus Ex may have its quirks, but it a very bold and ambitious sort of game. It wasn't really as intricate as its predecessors, mainly the first game, but fans of the classic will love it. Non fans, too. This game really got stealth right, in my eyes.

Nuuu

Jan 28, 2011
RomanceIsDead said:
These two games have nothing in common
They may not have much in common, but they are still comparable in preference.
I mean it's not like they are comparing CoD to say... Katamari Damacy

Death God

Jul 6, 2010
Deus Ex is a fun game, lots of content, and a fairly large world to explore. Dead Island is a zombie-survival game, heavy on blood and gore, and multiplayer. To me, I'd pick Dead Island only because I love zombie games and it is kind of like L4D; but you should get Deus Ex.

Basal

Jun 3, 2010
Personally I'm having way more fun then I had with Deus Ex
Sure it isn't perfect but atleast It is fun and I want to continue playing unlike deus ex

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
I couldn't comment on Dead Island since I haven't played it. I can't really formulate a strong opinion on Deus Ex either since I haven't played very much of it due to work. By that I mean I've just encountered the woman rummaging through the bins outside the main building (yeah, that far).

To be honest I picked up Deus Ex because I had some spare cash, good reviews were plentiful so I thought 'why not?' From what little I have played its pretty good, nothing spectacular as of yet, but now I've said that I'm probably going to be bombarded with comments saying how 'It gets better as it goes on' and it most likely will. *crosses fingers*

Woodsey said:
Deus Sex is much more important.
...Scratch my post, this chap has hit the nail on the head.

Trololo Punk

May 14, 2011
I haven't played dead island, but thought deus ex HR was a great game. I'm also waiting for reviews of Space Marine, might wanna look out for that one too.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Deus Ex is kind of like that movie that you have to see, Dead Island is a fun game, if you are into zombie survival then it will be a VERY fun game to play, buy whatever game you want (Dead Island isnt a bad game), but try to play Deus Ex if possible, even if you have to buy it when its cheap.

Tryforlive

Sep 1, 2009
both i went and bought dead island today and its really fun but dues ex is amazing so if you could go get both just not the PC version of dead island

Kintobor92

May 2, 2011
For me, Deux Ex was love at first sight. Like, the first time I saw a trailer. Obviously, I'm a big cyberpunk fan. But I'm getting fed up with its shit. At first, I got lost, and now the environments are boring. At first, I was only a little frustrated by the boss fights. Now I really can't stand them. I haven't touched it for a week for this reason. And once I do get past this, if I do, I'll play it constantly dreading the next one. And there's not as much going on with the story as I would like.

I'll admit that some of this frustration could come from that fact that I suck a little and refuse to lower the difficulty level. Story-wise, well. Maybe GiTS was the pinnacle for the genre, and my expectations were too high. I do like the story, I'm just not floored by it like I hoped to be. It's still a good, if not great, game overall. I don't see why everyone loves it so much. Maybe I'll try starting it over and going heavy on combat augs or something like that.

OverweightWhale

Apr 19, 2010
Deus Ex, such a great game. As of right now Dead Island is bugged to unholy hell so still waiting on the devs to fix it...

Fusioncode9

Sep 23, 2010
Ragsnstitches said:
Judging by the poll so far, I'd say the answer to your question is fairly unanimous.

Deus Ex, for me, is definitely the best game released this year so far. But I wouldn't hype it up too much, it has it's drawbacks. Think of it as a few scruffs and chips on an otherwise perfect diamond.

I haven't followed Dead Island since it was announced that it was simply the same zombie shit, different zombie day instead of the emotionally charged, exploratory masterpiece that it's teaser trailer "teased" to.

For me it's a no-brainer (considering I already have DE:HR and have no interest in DI).
I'd say that Dead Island is a pretty original zombie game, how many other zombie games are in depth RPGS set in an open world.

But I'd still go with Deus Ex, best game of the year so far. Dead Island is great from what I've played but it's not as good ass Deus Ex.

Ilikemilkshake

Jun 7, 2010
nichiyobi said:
both i went and bought dead island today and its really fun but dues ex is amazing so if you could go get both just not the PC version of dead island
Can i ask why not the PC version? im planning on getting Dead Island at some point but unsure if i should get on ps3 or pc

As for the original question, having played deus ex, i'd fully recommend it, awesome game only really let down by its boss battles, and they're only like 1/50th of the game at most

EDIT: just finished catching up on the days news articles and apparantly they've released the wrong version of the game (or just havent finished the game at all)... so yeah looks like i'll be getting the ps3 version

Jaime_Wolf

Jul 17, 2009
I haven't played Dead Island yet, but I feel like I probably don't need to.

Because Jesus Fucking Christ Deus Ex is amazing.

koschei8

Aug 31, 2010
Kintobor92 said:
koschei8 said:
Absolutely! Lol I've just been playing Oblivion, salivating over trailers. Sigh.
I know the wait is killing me...plus the fact I wont have my Xbox until December.

By the way: "You know what I'd like to be? I mean, if I had my goddamn choice, I'd just be a catcher in the rye and all"

bbad89

Jan 1, 2011
Even though I'm getting both (got Deus Ex release day, one of the best purchases of my life) I'd recommend getting Deus Ex, and for your zombie SURVIVAL (note, actually surviving the apocalypse) needs, I'd get Project Zomboid on Desura for 8 bucks. It's still in alpha, the developers are great, and the game is addicting. At the very least check it out.

Kintobor92

May 2, 2011
koschei8 said:
Kintobor92 said:
koschei8 said:
Absolutely! Lol I've just been playing Oblivion, salivating over trailers. Sigh.
I know the wait is killing me...plus the fact I wont have my Xbox until December.

By the way: "You know what I'd like to be? I mean, if I had my goddamn choice, I'd just be a catcher in the rye and all"
Eeeeee!