Poll: Deleted for your health

mitchell271

Sep 3, 2010
No, because I possess the wondrous ability known as "self-control". I'm busy with school but I fit in games, MTG and music when I can, I don't let them dominate my life. If I don't have 30 between sitting down and leaving, I won't start a game of Smite, but I might play guitar for a bit or practice a bit of BlazBlue. I learned time management and self-control at a pretty young age. I blame my dragon mother...

Plasticaprinae

Jul 9, 2013
Theres this game you can get on your phone called Ingress. You play with many, many people around your location. You compete over maintaining points located throughout the world. You walk or drive to certain points, usually around famous landmarks, and hack them. It sounds nice, it gets you out of the house and such. But in my experience, it was incredibly stressful. If a point gets captured, I had to drop everything to go and claim it again. It was starting to take away more energy rather than giving me happiness. It doesnt help that theres cheaters that can take away huge swaths of land away from you all at once.

ArcadianDrew

Sep 3, 2014
M0rp43vs said:
Currently, I'm thinking about doing it with Hearthstone. I abhor paying-to-win and you can guess that doesn't do much to help my win-rate. Or my blood pressure. I am so tired of getting my arse kicked by cards that out-class mine in every single way or have random effects somehow always help my opponent instead of me.

And yet... I can't stop bloody playing!
Preach it brother. The amount of times I've wanted to smash my fist through the monitor after gettin my ass handed to me by loads of awesome cards is too many to count. But I need to go back and play again. I need that win. Though I will say when you do beat a deck that was clearly more expensive than yours you feel like a boss.

OT: I'm very good at keeping my gaming habits in check, so far (fingers crossed) I've always managed to fit life round my gaming. I can have times though when my free time is taken up entirely by games if I get really into them.

Valkrex

Elder Dragon
Jan 6, 2013
Fire Emblem: Awakening is one for me. I couldn't put the damn thing down, and I ended up beating it over 6 times (with 50+ hours each) in the course of just a few months. I LOVE that game, and it is VERY much worth a playthrough but it got to the point where I wasn't getting enough sleep among other things. One of my friends asked to borrow it and I let them just so they could get the damn thing away from me.

The other is the Silent Hill games. I re-play these every once in a blue moon, but I can't do any more than that because these games GET to me. The first 4 (and arguably Downpour) are amazing, and really give me the best psychological horror experience money can buy. However, I start getting paranoid after playing them for a bit, and to this day I flip the fuck out whenever I hear a tornado siren. Which is a problem, since I live in the Mid-west of the United States which is otherwise known as "tornado alley".

lionsprey

Sep 20, 2010
yeah i had to with LoL, becouse generally if you don't play 100% perfect you are going to get abuse and even then you are likly going to get abuse. also thinking of uninstalling smite but thats mostly becouse im annoyed how they are treating the norse pantheon.

Vern5

Mar 3, 2011
I absolutely had to uninstall CounterStrike back in college. I never thought I had a gaming problem until I chose to be 45 minutes late to a class just so I could shoot more dudes in the face. It was bizarre. I distinctly remember taking the "just 5 more minutes" excuse to the extreme that day.

More recent example: I have been installing, playing, and then rapidly uninstalling old Bioware games because the mechanics frustrate the shit out of me. The protagonists aren't sarcastic enough. I have to constantly micromanage my dudes just so they don't die. Where the hell was that guy who wanted these boots? Little gripes that go a long way to proving how my age is affecting me. Nevertheless, had to uninstall before I attempted to fling my laptop across the room like a spent cigarette.

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
when Final Fantasy Tactics released on the PSP meaning I could play it anywhere. Well for a long time whenever I wasn't it class I would whip it out and start grinding for JP... that sounds lewd when said out loud, anyway yeah FFT made my grades drop like all mighty hell :(

couple years went by and the same thing happened when Ogre Tactics Let Us Cling together came out. minus the whole school thing, I was now using my "break" times at work to play it and by "break times" I mean 15 min. smoke breaks, even though I don't smoke, poop breaks after lunch, and afternoon 30 min coffee break. So eventually I had to put that shit down as well

duwenbasden

King of the Celery people
Jan 18, 2012
I voted no, then I remembered Tomb Raider 2013, the ONLY game I ever uninstalled because of sanity reasons.

// also, Falskaar. The way the quest/"story" is constructed goes against everything a TES quest should be.

Daverson

Nov 17, 2009
No. Though, I almost never work in my free-time, so... go figure. (I was always of the "there'll be time for homework the morning it's due" kind of student...)

Though, I do remember, as a kid, I once shit myself because I was finally going to be able to finish one of the harder missions of the original C&C (the one with the Orca!), and I knew if I got up and went to the toilet my brother would fuck things up while I was away (he wasn't bad at the game - just sort of an arsehole).

In my defence, I feel as though being the sort of person who values individual accomplishment over a pair of underpants may be somewhat admirable.

MHR

Apr 3, 2010
Ragequit WoW 8 years ago. Remember that involved an uninstall. I was getting pretty insanely mad about it.

Captcha: Live with purpose

Mimic

Jul 22, 2014
Only once because I think I was getting addicted. When I was I think 14 I found this text-based mmorpg (DragonRealms). It was a monthly subscription but has the first month free. I think I basically gave them my mum's credit card info without telling her. She found out after being changed for a 2nd month, I quit the game after that month, and that was it. Haven't had that trouble since never played anything similar again, although a nostalgic part of me still misses it.