Poll: Deus Ex: HR. Worth full price or wait for drop?

Drummie666

Jan 1, 2011
I wouldn't call it GOTY material, but it's worth the $60. Buy it.

Hold it... What is that?

GreyEarth

The NightShifter
Dec 4, 2008
Not only is it worth the full price, it is such an amazing game, that I have to date, purchased it three times and given the two extra copies to some of my friends that couldn't afford to buy it.

It is that good.
...aaaaand this is coming from someone that still hasn't played the first Deus Ex.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Quazimofo said:
VladG said:
Worth every penny.
and a fistfull more. it is very much worth buying. just wish there was a yes option that didnt make me seem a rabid fanboy.
A fist full of pennies. You heard it here: Deus Ex: Human Revolution is worth $60.50 ($50.50 for PC gamers)[footnote]I almost actually went to see how many pennies I can hold in my hand before I posted this. Then I dumped Italian dressing and apple juice on me and called myself silly.[/footnote]!

Kidding aside, it's a fantastic game. If you like choice in how you play your games, this is for you. It's got a whole lot going for it. Go ahead and treat yourself to it.

BRex21

Sep 24, 2010
I got it on release day, i'm quite happy with the price. I have criticisms of the game, but by all means its probably one of the best things i've seen in a while.
If you're strapped for cash however it will be just as good in a few weeks.

cheywoodward

Dec 2, 2009
It's definitely worth it. However, don't shrug off David Sarif's demand that you get to the helicopter quickly; there may not be an onscreen time limit, but bad things will happen if you dilly daddle.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Drakmorg said:
I'd say it's worth $60. I only paid 45 because I pre-ordered on steam, but if getting it on PC isn't an option for you I'd say it's still worth it.
I also got it for 45 of those American dollars, which at the time I bought it meant about 40 Australian dollars, which is less than half the price of a new game. Well worth every cent I paid. I have no idea why the price jumped up on Steam, but I am very glad I paid what I did for it. Having played it I would buy it for full price retail. It would be GOTY 2011 for me if we lived in a world without Frozen Synapse.

BloodRed Pixel

Jul 16, 2009
I rarely spent more than $10 on a PC Game these days but DX:HR - fucking YES it´s worth it!
BTW I paid $34 for it on GreenMangaming.com .

Digitaldreamer7

Sep 30, 2008
Price drop. It's good, but, the ending and story need lots of work, the gameplay is superb tho so it's not one to miss.

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
DustyDrB said:
Quazimofo said:
VladG said:
Worth every penny.
and a fistfull more. it is very much worth buying. just wish there was a yes option that didnt make me seem a rabid fanboy.
A fist full of pennies. You heard it here: Deus Ex: Human Revolution is worth $60.50 ($50.50 for PC gamers)[footnote]I almost actually went to see how many pennies I can hold in my hand before I posted this. Then I dumped Italian dressing and apple juice on me and called myself silly.[/footnote]!

Kidding aside, it's a fantastic game. If you like choice in how you play your games, this is for you. It's got a whole lot going for it. Go ahead and treat yourself to it.
well, if you add the sentimental value of those pennies being shiny, and perhaps belonging to a time period of say 60 years ago, they certainly would value in at at LEAST 75 cents.

but yeah, i was going to say a bucket but that seemed too much so i couldnt think of anything else between that and a fist-full

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
cheywoodward said:
It's definitely worth it. However, don't shrug off David Sarif's demand that you get to the helicopter quickly; there may not be an onscreen time limit, but bad things will happen if you dilly daddle.
indeed, my brother faffed about, and we were shocked at how much of a difference it made. in short; save right as sarif first tells you to get to the chopper, then explore if you like, so you get consequence free dicking around time.

also, you get a bonus for getting there sooner anyway

Inconspicuous Trenchcoat

Shinku Hadouken!
Nov 12, 2009
Paid $45 for the PC version and don't regret it. If you like the parts of Mass Effect 2 where you wander around a city and talk to people, you'll love Detroit and Hengsha in Human Revolution. The actual "levels" are also a lot of fun. If you enjoy Hitman, Thief or Metal Gear Solid, you'll like Human Rev. I've never been a huge stealth game player, but I had quite a lot of fun in DX:HR. I don't think there's as many ways to approach situations as there were in the original, but it has more variety than 95% of games do these days. It's also littered with minor problems, but what game isn't?

Regardless of whether or not you like the story, the writing is almost always strong, so at least you can enjoy the moments if you don't like the plot for whatever reason.

Knowing what I know now, I would buy it again. I'd pay $60 for it even, but I'm a member of the PC gaming master race :p

Note: I'm ~30 hours in. I think I'm on the last area/level/complex.

Helscreama

Nov 29, 2009
I think it's pretty freaking amazing.

It's one of the first games I have trouble NOT playing lol. It sucks you into this world and there is almost constantly something to do.

I would recommend getting it as soon as possible but as with all games, it's still going to be there if you don't buy it now.

Ashsaver

Your friendly Yandere
Jun 10, 2010
That's up to you,if you can wait for the price drop,then sure go ahead.

I bought the game at full price and I love it,but i find it too short and too easy (Give me Deus Ex,Pacifist,Foxiest of the hounds,and manage to save the pilot)

I might do the second playthrough after the mod communities release something interesting.

ImmortalDrifter

Jan 6, 2011
Avaholic03 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
If it wasn't for the fact that Skyrim was coming out this year, it would be my Game of the Year.

Buy it now!
I've seen that sentiment expressed a few times now. Are you assuming Skyrim will be better, or just leaving the door open?
For me, both.

OT: Yea I would say so. It doesn't spank you for not playing the first thankfully.