Poll: Dick jokes: Yay or Nay?

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
Well obviously not every time is a time for dick jokes, I think we can all agree on that.

But yes, they can be fun ^^

dancinginfernal

Sep 5, 2009
Dick jokes are grouped in with That's What She Said jokes:

Depends on your audience. I personally love both.

hashtag

Oct 30, 2011
You can make them all you want, as long as they're good.

....the jokes I mean. Not like you can make dicks as long as they're good.

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
Depends on how they're done. Dick jokes can actually be quite clever when done right, but some people seem to have that middle school/early high school mentality that simply making a reference to gentitals is the funniest shit evah!

And it's not.

Zhadramekel

Apr 18, 2010
Call me a spoilsport but I'm not a huge fan. I can roll with some crass humour but when it comes to either that or racist jokes, I draw the line.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
If they're pulled off well.

Otherwise they just seem childish. And this seems to be the majority of them.

Like "your mom" jokes (though recently I pulled off an exceptionally great your mom joke that was more of an insult and made someone cry).

EDIT:

actually, the best dick joke I ever heard was a really long and involving one. There was a kid who was sitting in a rotunda at the college im going to, and there was a relatively attractive, albeit easedropping, girl there. So he started talking to me (I was sitting in it just relaxing) and starting telling this really vague story that made you think he could be making a dick joke innuendo but also that he was just talking straight and serious. and he made it seem like he had what he was talking about on his person (in this case his laptop whch he had open) and wanted to show it.

Well in the end the girl got too curious for her own good and asked can I see it (what he was alluding to). To which the guy smiled, stood, and dropped his pants before saying its free to look, but i gotta charge to touch.

naturally this was hysterical in its set up and while he got a mark and was ordered to pay an indecent exposure fine, make an apology to the girl (who decided to not file for sexual harassment and really saved the kid from a lot of bad things), and was told he wouldnt be able to attend classes for a week (and the leading school officer said that he should use this week to grow up and not be so immature) it still wound up being a great joke and something of a memorable incident.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
ravensheart18 said:
I'm surprised to see so many people anti-dick jokes. I had thought this was a more left leaning forum and that Cheney wouldn't have so much support.
http://typophile.com/files/applause1234363884_5474.gif

OT: It depends on my mood, mostly. But for the love of God, don't tell more than one unless they're all linked.

Dethenger

Jul 27, 2011
Yay, under the right circumstance. To make a dick joke effective, it takes restraint. You never want too much, and you never want to say it prematurely, or you just come off as an ass. You can't just tell dick jokes willy nilly.

kidwithxboxlive said:
I would tell a gay joke butt fuck it...

Raika

Jul 31, 2011
Let's be real here, folks: dicks are funny. They're really, really funny and they always have been. A well-timed dick joke never gets old, and games like Shadows of the Damned that keep it creative are always going to be funny, no matter who plays them and when. Dick jokes are timeless, the sort of lovably stupid humor that transcends an era. I'm pretty sure I've laughed at dick jokes that were written in 1988. I can't say the same for... say, jokes about politics or even pop culture.

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
Mmm... I don't really care for them, or really understand them.

But I'm a girl, so I'm probably not supposed to anyway. >_>

RoBi3.0

Mar 29, 2009
Dick jokes among good humored friends....Yay

Dick jokes around your grandma* or the pope....nay they would never understand.

*Some grandma's are the exception to the rule.... My grandma on my mom's sided loved a good dick joke.

kidwithxboxlive

Aug 24, 2010
Dethenger said:
Yay, under the right circumstance. To make a dick joke effective, it takes restraint. You never want too much, and you never want to say it prematurely, or you just come off as an ass. You can't just tell dick jokes willy nilly.

kidwithxboxlive said:
I would tell a gay joke butt fuck it...
sorry, couldn't help myself...