Poll: did anyone knew "no rest for the wicked" before borderlands?

idodo35

Jun 3, 2010
so i was playing this awsome game borderlands i put the disc and sudenly this great country song starts playing that was a few months ago now after finishing borderlands about 5 times im wondering...
this song (no rest for the wicked) is realy good how come no one knew it before? (relying on youtube comets...)
so escapists i ask you, did ANY of you knew the song before borderlands?

this is the song btw
and if you didnt play borderlands yet go get it! its awsome!!!

Zyst

Jan 15, 2010
I actually thought you meant the phrase... Damn my quick voting ways.

idodo35

Jun 3, 2010
Zyst said:
i have a feeling you are not going to be the only one to make this mistake XD

Calcium

Dec 30, 2010
I knew the song waaay before Borderlands. Didn't even realise it was used in it for months after the game came out (never played it). Though that being said I listen to a radio station that plays a variety of less popular music (though all of it pretty good stuff).

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
for a second I thourght you ment "nobody mourns the wicked" from...well the boardway musical Wicked

Cyd0n1a

Jul 15, 2009
I did. My uncle recommended me the album it's on sometime before I first heard it's going to be on the Borderlands soundtrack.

tharglet

Jul 21, 2010
First heard in Borderlands, and I like the song.
Btw, Borderlands is a very much a marmite game around here - are a lot of people around here who don't like it lol, and then there's us minority who rather like the game ;)

Andalusa

Mad Cat Lady
Feb 25, 2008
I did indeed. It's one of the few Cage The Elephant songs I actually like, found out it was used in Borderlands and I was like: "Awesome."

Yosato

Apr 5, 2010
I sure did - my older brother went to see Cage the Elephant a couple of years before Borderlands came out so I was subjected to listening to them over and over again for weeks whenever I wanted a lift anywhere.

Mysten

Sep 28, 2008
I had no idea the song was even in Borderlands (I've never played it, obviously) and I own the album so yes, yes I did.

Mouse_Crouse

Apr 28, 2010
My friend is all into that kind of music, so she had heard it before coming over to my house when it was on. But she isn't a gamer herself so she wouldn't have heard it on Borderlands otherwise.

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
I love that type of music and so heard them long ago.

I think the 1st time was on a small radio station I used to listen to.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
I did not. However, after hearing the song, I went out and bought their first CD. Pretty good.

Then they came out with a second one. I no longer care for them.

Kekkles

Feb 19, 2010
Cage the Elephant is probably one of the worst bands I know, in my opinion. Not only do they play very typical mainstream "rock" they have the arrogance to boot it too. My friend works with a small magazine that has a few hundred subscribers and he had the (previously to the upcoming event) pleasure to interview the drummer, Jared Champion. My friend said he was a pleasure to interview, a brilliant man but when he left he turned into what he called 'a prick', overhearing him speak to his manager wondering why he'd even had to bother with the interview. My friend was disgusted by the way Jared spoke about him and decided not to publish it, interviewing a more favoured artist; the drummer from This town Need Guns.

In that event I heard them before the song became the theme song to Borderlands. I love that game but I had to mute the TV every time I heard the song.

Xeraxis

Aug 7, 2011
Never heard it before Borderlands. I must say, that song fits the game SO well.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
Zyst said:
Uh, whoops! Same here *must read whole post before voting, Jade*

Fishyash

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2010
Never played borderlands, heard it when my brother started playing the game but I knew about the song a year or so before borderlands came out.