Poll: Did I do the Right Thing for my Friend?

Supreme Unleaded

Aug 3, 2009
if you want things done right you do it yourself, thats the only way half the crap gets done, talking to counslers doesnt do anything.

this kid was making fun of my friend and beat him up like twice, I told the teacher and all they did was give him suspension which just made him more mad.

So I eventually got into a fight with him because this guy was being a smart ass and got my father into the conversation when it had nothing to do with it (who has been dead since i was 5). I warned him to not bring it up and he kept going saying things like "what is he gunna haunt me"

I want off my wire and beat the guys face in in a bezerk rage, I broke his nose and his tibia.

His gang came after me, but in that state I feel no pain, i broke 2 guys arms and caught one guys punch and broke his wrist.

I had a few bad bruses but no broken anything

I got away with self defence, those guys never bothered me or my friends ever again.

Jimbo1212

Aug 13, 2009
Yup, its sounds like you did the right thing. From experience, bullies can not be reasoned with. To do nothing would have been completely wrong, and may have ended up with Bob doing something brash and stupid, which only left you with two options. Either beat the guy up, which also worked for me when i was being bullied at school, or, and sadly this only comes with age, emotionally destroy the kid, as most bullies are extremely emotionally unstable. Unfortunately ive never known someone who is able to do this and is not 16 or older, which means the first solution was the right one.

garfoldsomeoneelse

Charming, But Stupid
Mar 22, 2009
Sure, I'll join in this self-congratulatory thread and say you did the right thing.

Just don't expect me to give you any asspats in the future. Everybody gets one.

Sgt. Dante

Jul 30, 2008
Violence is never your FIRST CHOICE for an answer, but when all is said an done it certainly makes a point.

When all words of reason fall on deaf ears, just let the other guys know you have a bigger stick. The problem with most bully's is that they tend to KNOW they are the bigger people and that they CAN get what they want with a bit of force, no rhyme or reason, just being a bully because they can be. These types of jerks often need a rude wake up if they are to be of any use as a human being.

Nemorov

May 20, 2009
Our school had an absolute zero tolerance policy when it came to fighting... you could be maliciously bullied for years and the moment you tried to stick up for yourself and wack them one-- should the teacher see it: seven to ten day suspension or worst-case expulsion. For you. Not the bully, if they didn't see them.

That didn't stop me from getting my revenge in other small ways... or when the teacher wasn't looking. Everyone was terrified of me, which I find mildly hilarious.

A friend of mine had a bully target painted on his face or something. I typically intervened and he hated me for it. He hated having a girl fighting his battles for him. But we were always together and I couldn't just stand there and let him get the snot beaten out of him. Maybe I should have.

OT: I feel you did the right thing.

Claymorez

Our King
Apr 20, 2009
you fight for your own sort of justice as ultimately they are assholes and lowlifes youve probably made a friend for life and in life it is every humans job who is truely able to claim their humanity to defend those who cannot defend themselves so long as you did it for helping him you did the right thing

Dr.Poisonfreak

Apr 6, 2009
definitely, very well done, i did the same for my friend a few years back and i questioned whether it was right, then i thought about my friends well being and it all fell into place

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
Wow, that is some extreme bullying. To be honest, you probably could have done something other than beating up the bullies that would have worked just as well and wouldn't have had any danger of you getting beaten up, but I wouldn't say that what you did was wrong.

nikosuave

Mar 14, 2009
you did the right thing. Violence when an alternative exists is foolish. Violence when all alternatives have been exhausted, is survival. Your friend was beaten up and the teachers did nothing. Bob should have grounds for a law suit on the bullies for what they did to him, and the school for doing nothing even though he asked for help. I'm sorry that you got on trouble for what you did. But just remember "It is better to do what is right and be thought wrong, than do what is wrong and be thought right."

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
You did the right thing. The teachers weren't helping at all, so you had to take matters into your own hands.

Deleted

Jul 25, 2009
Supreme Unleaded said:
if you want things done right you do it yourself, thats the only way half the crap gets done, talking to counslers doesnt do anything.

this kid was making fun of my friend and beat him up like twice, I told the teacher and all they did was give him suspension which just made him more mad.

So I eventually got into a fight with him because this guy was being a smart ass and got my father into the conversation when it had nothing to do with it (who has been dead since i was 5). I warned him to not bring it up and he kept going saying things like "what is he gunna haunt me"

I want off my wire and beat the guys face in in a bezerk rage, I broke his nose and his tibia.

His gang came after me, but in that state I feel no pain, i broke 2 guys arms and caught one guys punch and broke his wrist.

I had a few bad bruses but no broken anything

I got away with self defence, those guys never bothered me or my friends ever again.

Good job, I couldn't have taken on multiple guys but you had the spirit.

eoin90210 said:
he swung at you first
That's the thing, he didn't. I went to him with the sole intention to beat him up.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
I am a pacifist(someone who does not fight and opposes violence)and I believe that you did the right thing.

bodyklok

Feb 17, 2008
I'll say yes, but, some might say that you should of done something for your friend sooner. I don't think I would of, but some still might say.

Asciotes

Jul 24, 2009
you definitely did the right thing. Teachers really don't know what to do when it comes to bullying. I don't necessarily agree with violence, but hey, the end justifies the means. You kicked the ass of a guy who deserved it, and you're friend stopped being bullied.

Spektre41

Jun 26, 2008
You absolutely did the right thing. Anyone who thinks "just talking about it" works in high school is a clod.

LooK iTz Jinjo

Feb 22, 2009
Dude you did the right thing, fucks like that shouldn't be allowed to think they are king shit just because nobody wants to stand up to them.